Prologue

"You know, when you asked me to hunt down a bunch of murder assassins." I said into my comms. "I didn't think it would be this much fun."

"When is hanging out with me never not fun?" The girl replied from the building across the roof.

"There was that one time in high-school when you ditched me for that one boy." I said to her. "What was his name?"

I could feel her rolling her eyes at me from across the roof. "Dylan."

"Ah yes, Dylan." I said to her. "I hated that guy."

"You hated everyone that wronged me." She said. "You were borderline worse than my brother."

"Woah, woah, woah." I said hurt. "Nobody is worse than your brother."

Ever since the Reverse-Flash incident after I woke up from my coma a year ago from today, I left Central City, after the double recent break up, Thea no longer had a partner to hunt down remaining League of Assassins and Lazarus Pits so she came to me.

I obviously joined which is how we ended up in Rome, Italy. Hunting down one of the remaining members, Black Spider.

We were sitting on the exact same roof when a tidal wave of anti-matter washed over us, killing us instantly.

Up until seconds ago we returned back like nothing had happened, picking up right where we had left off.

"Are we really just going to ignore, that we died and came back to life?" I asked her. "Do we even know how long we were dead?"

"Lukas, you ask too many questions. I have a bow and arrow, I have no answer for anything that involves the cosmic higher ups so until we can find someone who can give us answers. We have no reason to talk about it." She said growing impatient as we waited for Black Spider to make his move.

Trucks suddenly began pulling out of the warehouse. Their tires squealed as they went from reverse to drive and the chase was on.

"Go time." I said backflipping off the top of the building with exaggerated swagger before webbing myself to a lamp post and swung through the city.

A motorcycle roared to life and Thea was on the move following me.

The three trucks all split up at the intersection.

"Take the one on the left." I said into my comms to Thea. She definitely head me because she took the corner sharp without breaking her left leg almost scrapping the concrete.

I launched myself into the air and switched my web shooter to a tracker. Time slowed as I zeroed in on the truck going straight, calculated trajectory and speed and clicked my fingers sending the miniature tracking ball as it magnetized to the bottom of the truck.

"Bingo." I said as I reached out my arm without looking and sprayed a web to the side of the building, the web yanked me to right towards the next truck which was driving recklessly, I might add.

I pulled myself up onto the roof top and began running towards truck, leaping from rooftop to rooftop. Sirens echoed in the air.

My spider sense went off and I saw a blind woman crossing the street in front of the truck.

"God damnit." I swore as I leaped off the building, and swung low scooping her to the other side of the road.

Citizens cheered and I rose my hand accepting the praise before remembering I had a truck to catch.

The back doors were kicked open and a man with an RPG was targeting me.

"Oh no." I said lifting my legs just as the rocket propelled grenade went through them. "Hey!" I yelled as I webbed the rocket and swung it back into the truck. "That's a cheap shot."

The rocked exploded knocking the cab of the truck off leaving just the driver and the passenger.

I swung to the side where a man leaned out the window with a pistol. I launched myself and tucked my self through the window sending both the driver and the passenger out the driver side door.

The cops swerved around the corner and immediately were on the guys.

"If you don't mind." I said to the cop. "Im going to take this truck, I got another one to catch."

I don't know if he understood me but he nodded his head.

I threw my mask on the hood as a map of the city popped up, I stepped on the gas to the next truck.

As I rounded the corner Thea was already hot on the truck, almost reaching its back doors.

My spider sense tingled and the doors of the truck burst opened revealed the Black Spider, I his experimental robotic armor.

I threw the truck in park and used the quick momentum shift to shoot myself out of the truck. I webbed Thea and lifted her up on to the top of the truck.

"What took you so long?" She asked me as the Black Spider climbed his way to the top of the truck

I shrugged. "Blind ladies, RPGS."

"Traitor." The Black Spider spoke looking at Thea. "Where's your boyfriend, or your brother."

"I had to settle." She said shrugging.

I looked over at her and gave her a 'WTF' look.

"No matter, I'll kill you both." He said advancing on Thea.

I went to sneak around his side but a machine popped up from his back extending over his shoulder that followed me around.

"Come on, seriously?" I whined as Thea and the assassin engaged in hand to hand combat.

"So, the league is no more and you turn to arms dealing. Why didn't you do something useful, like suicide squad?" Thea asked as her foot met his face.

The machine gun started ripping off bullets, I dodged and flipped around shooting a web down its barrel causing the gun to jam.

I took my change and ripped the gun off of his back before I swiped his leg out from under him causing the assassin to fall on his face.

"I'm the only Spider in town."

***
Thea was lying on the bed with an ice pack covering her left eye where she had gotten rocked by the Black Spider.

I pulled a shirt over my head as I exited the bathroom.

"So what do we do now?" I asked as I walked back in to put my hair.

A phone dinged from outside the bathroom.

I went to check on it to see Thea was sitting up with a hand over her mouth and her eyes in shock. Tears slowly fell from her eyes.

I looked at the message over her shoulder.

A message from John Diggle.

"It's Oliver. He's gone."