Chapter Twenty Six- Explosive Defeat

I looked back at Nora as another explosion rocked the city.

Nora's eyes were wide, upset by the fact that she clearly couldn't do anything. "What are you still doing here, go!" She said taking the Spider from my frozen hand and putting it on my chest. "Go be a hero. You know where to find."

I felt the suit crawl over my skin, I nodded as I pulled the mask over my face before I shot my web at the window and pulled the window up without taking my eyes off her.

I gave one last look before I jumped out the window and began swinging through the city as a yellow and orange flash flew through the streets underneath.

"Flash, Impulse." I said entering the comms.

"Hey, you finally stopped taking your eyes off my sister to come help." Impulse said trying to strike a nerve.

"Did he really just say that?" Chester asked.

"He definitely just said that." Caitlin replied.

"You guys actually suck." I said as I backflipped as the three of us came to a halt next to a cat bomb.

"I have three infrared signatures inside of the vehicle." Chester said. "Gotta clear the field."

I looked at Barry and Bart. "Evacuate the area, if there's anymore bombs we can't put any civilian at risk. I'll get the people from the car."

The two nodded as I went to work immediately ripped the car door off.

A woman was crying hanging from her seatbelt from the ceiling.

I tried for the seatbelt but it was jammed. I acted quickly as I used my strength to pry the seatbelt from the locking mechanism and caught her before she fell to the ground.

"My kids, save my children. Please." She wailed grabbing my arm.

I looked back at the car as the fire began to spread from the hood to the backseat.

For the first time I panicked, unsure of what to do.

I quickly webbed the area between the front and back seat hopefully giving myself some time before I ripped off the doors.

A flash of orange blew by me and two kids were coughing and holding their mother on the sidewalk as emergency vehicles rolled in and immediately went to helping the injured.

A man walked out from around the corner. C4 strapped to his chest as he smiled holding a detonator in his hand.

"Two Flashes and a Spider." He said smiling from under his hood. "I only wanted the Spider. No matter."

"What do you want?" Flash yelled at him.

"It's not what I want. It's what the Hunter wants, and he wants the Spider's head." The man said bouncing the detonator from hand to hand.

Finally. The Hunter made his next move.

"Now, I have placed ten bombs around the city. You have a minute and a half to dispose of them or boom." He said mimicking the explosion of his body.

"What's stopping me from taking that detonator from you right now?" Impulse asked him.

"The detonator has been wired to my skin contact. If the detonator is taking from me, boom. If the C4 is stripped from me, boom." He said looking at his watch. "Time starts now. Better move."

"Barry, Bart, Lukas." Chester said through the mic. "I'm picking up ten explosive signatures sending the coordinates your way now."

All of the sudden a holographic map pulled up on my wrist revealing the bombs.

Bart and Barry disappeared quickly and I quickly followed taking the three bombs in front of me.

I was quick to reach the first one. I swung it around with my webs and threw it through the air before webbing it on all sides to contain the blast.

I made my way towards the next one and did the same technique containing the blast.

I reached the third and went to defuse the bomb but was knocked off my feet by a concussive blast.

I was standing in the middle of a warehouse.

"Times up." The man said to me tapping his watch as he appeared around the corner. "The Hunter will be very pleased the realize I was the one to bring him your head. He is coming, and there is nothing your friends can do."

"He won't get passed me." I argued.

He smirked. "You won't be around."

He rose his hand and I saw two flashes running towards the warehouse.

"No!" I yelled going to jump away but it was too late. He pressed the button causing a chain reaction of both explosives going off at the time.

My body bent backwards as shrapnel and heat ripped at my suit sending me sprawling into the wall of the abandoned warehouse.

My vision blurred as two faces looked over me.

Bart snapped into my eyes, a muffled snap.

It took forever for me to finally be able to make out their voices.

"Lukas." Barry said shaking me. "Can you hear me?"

I shook my head as I took deep breaths. My breath had been knocked out of me and my back was full of shrapnel from the blast. I could feel the burns that now littered my body as I slowly began to lose consciousness.

"We gotta get him back to S.T.A.R Labs." Bart said as him and Barry lifted me to my feet.

My head suddenly began to spin at the sudden change of blood flow and the sheer pain that ripped through my body caused my head to roll as I lost consciousness.

***
"Caitlin!" Barry called as him and Bart hauled Lukas's unconscious body into the cortex.

"Oh my god." Chester said putting his hands on his head.

"What happened?" Allegra asked covering her mouth with her hands.

Cecile tried to search Lukas's emotions but received nothing. She shook her head. "He's unconscious, I can't feel anything."

Barry and Bart laid him on the medical table as Caitlin immediately hooked a Holter Monitor to Lukas body after they removed his suit.

Seconds after the machine came to life as a small heart rhythm appeared on the screen.

"He's going to be okay." Caitlin said relieved seeing the monitor.

"Dad!" Nora's voice echoed into the med room.

Barry looked at Caitlin and nodded. "I'll deal with her, she doesn't need to see this."

Caitlin nodded back to him before Barry left the room.

Lukas's face had been covered with third degree burns, something that would easily be fixed by his supernatural healing, the shrapnel lodged in his back would need to be removed surgically.

Together her and Bart flipped Lukas over and Caitlin quickly went to work with a tweezers and a magnet.

Lukas had gotten lucky, if he was any closer to that bomb there wouldn't be any body to recover...