Chapter One- Mark of Four

"Prochnost." Diggle said as he the team did a cheers with their shot glasses before downing the shot.

"Ugh. I didn't know you speak Russian." Roy said as he made a face from drinking.

"No. That's what Oliver used to say everytime he drank this stuff." Diggle said looking into the glass.

"What exactly is this stuff?" Dinah Drake asked.

"Vodka." Rene said as he easily took the shot.

"Yeah. It tastes like turpentine." Roy said disgusted.

"With faint hints of nail polish remover." Dinah said.

"So what's the plan?" Roy asked.

"I plan on getting as drunk as humanely possible." Earth-2 Laurel Lance said as she poured herself another shot.

"No, I mean after the funeral. For what Dinah tells me. The city doesn't need vigilantes anymore." Roy said handing the glass to Diggle.

(A/N everyone please do not jump for the not so happily ever after between Roy and Thea. I love Roy Harper, one of my favorite Arrowverse character and I love Colton Haynes but for the sake of the story don't hate me.)

"Lance's term ends in April." Rene said to him. "He's endorsing me to replace him."

"As mayor?" Roy asked.

"No, as bald guy with an attitude." Rene said sarcastically. "Yeah, as mayor." He said telling the truth.

"What about you, D?" Rene asked.

"Lance, offered me the position as chief of police." She said smiling.

"Guys, look. I know how this looks. I just don't feel like this is over." Diggle said.

"Yeah. You're not reading the same comstat reports I am." Dinah said.

"We're a month out of this Crisis, Dinah, and there's tons that we don't know, but what I do know is this. Though Oliver's gone, his mission is far from over."

***
"You know I should've tried that sooner. It's not that hard actually." Diggle said after finding the salmon ladder.

"That's because your arms are the size of telephone poles." Rene smirked at him.

Dinah walked over to Laurel. "You doing okay?"

"When am I ever not okay?" She asked taking another shot.

"I don't think any of us are really ok, but it seems to be hitting particularly hard." Dinah said trying to crack the Black Siren.

"I'm fine, like always." She said sternly.

"You ready to do this thing?" Roy asked her as they walked to a table.

Dinah nodded. "Yeah, what did Oliver call this thing?"

"He called it the Mark of Four." Roy said quietly.

"What's it for?" Dinah asked as Roy got the needle gun out.

"The four pillars of heroism. Courage, Compassion, Selflessness, Loyalty." Roy said to her as he got to work.

"You good?" Dinah asked him.

"Uh, I'm just nervous about the funeral. You know Thea's gonna be there."

"Imagine both of Oliver's sisters would be there." Dinah said to him as he got to work.

"Thea and I got off on bad terms." Roy said to Dinah.

"Ah, you're worried about an awkward reunion." Dinah said to him. "Have you changed your mind?"

Roy shook his head. "After the Mirakuru soldiers and the Thanatos Guild. My reasons for leaving still stand, I don't know how she feels."

Rene and Diggle walked in front past the table. "So when do the others get to town?"

"Others?" Diggle asked for elaboration.

"You know Felicity, Thea, and the spider dude." Rene said to him.

"I don't know if Felicitys coming." Diggle said.

"Its her husbands funeral man."

"That exactly why I think she might miss it." He said. "I don't know Rene, she has a nanny watching Mia right now. Felicity hasn't even made it out of bed. I have no idea how to help her."

"As for the other two." Diggle said. "I think you got your answer." He said as the elevator doors whooshed open and in came two figures.

"Dig." Lukas said approaching the large man and shaking his hand before the two embraced in a hug. "I'm so sorry."

Diggle patted his back. "It's gonna be okay man."

"Lukas." Roy said to him before waving him over as Dinah got up from the table before wrapping her forearm in gauze.

"Hey, Roy." Lukas said to him as they exchanged an awkward handshake. "What's going on?"

"Oliver, wanted us to do this. He specifically asked for you, me, Diggle, Thea, Rene, Felicity, and Dinah." He said to Lukas. "He called it the Mark of Four. So if he ever needed us, no matter what. We'd be there for each other."

Lukas nodded and bit his lip as Roy began the tattoo.

Soon after Lukas was finished Thea took his place and let's just say it was much more awkward.

***
"Don't worry, the monitor didn't drop me off because of another crisis." Mia said typing away at the computers.

"That still doesn't explain why you're here." Dinah said to her.

"Laurels sister showed up, thought I might enjoy going to my fathers funeral." Mia said not breaking her focus from the computer.

"And the computers?" Dinah asked.

"Trying my best to channel my mom." Mia said. "Sorry, when Sara dropped me off she gave me this whole lecture about not telling people about the future so."

Mia began to rant about how her brother was kidnapped right in front of her and how she had failed about being the Green Arrow, while Dinah explained how hard it was to be a hero. They bickered back and forth until the computer began beeping and they turned on the news.

"William Clayton, the son of the late hero Oliver Queen, was abducted tonight in his hometown of Central City. The police have been unable to confirm any suspects in the kidnapping."

The team huddled around the computer as Curtis and Lilah got to work in figuring out what was going on.

Rene, Rory, and Laurel all stood around them.

"Hey, I'm sorry about the way I just left before." Roy started to Thea.

"Oliver's just passed away and William's been kidnapped." Thea said clearly not wanting to delve into the conversation. "So, as far as apologies go, your timing is a little not great."

John, Dinah, and Lukas walked past them where Lukas was eavesdropping but focused on the conversation at hand. "If you still Oliver's missions finished, tell that to William when we get him back."

"We will get him back, but John, William was kidnapped outside of Star City." Dinah said.

"But people are still going after Oliver's family." Lukas argued. "Have we reached out to Felicity?"

"I did." Dinah said.

"Yeah. Me, too." Diggle said. "Radio silence. I asked Sara to check on her."

"Um guys." I said hitting them as the elevator door opened.

Diggle and the rest of the team looked up like they had seen a ghost and after so long

Felicity Smoak had made an appearance.