Chapter Eight- Welcome Home

(A/N PLEASE READ! THIS IS THE START OF SEASON SEVEN FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE NOT CAUGHT UP THIS IS A SPOILER WARNING!!
SPOILER WARNING!
IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO WATCH THROUGH SEASON SEVEN AS THIS CHAPTER STARTS AT S7. EP15.
THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING)

***
"I'm just going to have to help her adjust back to you know? Normal?" A woman's voice that I didn't recognize floated down the hall.

S.T.A.R Labs was trashed like a tornado had just ripped through the giant science facility and home to one of my closest friends, Barry Allen, the Flash.

"Well with you in her corner, that'll be easy-peasy." Another unrecognized voice spoke.

I didn't hear Cisco normal funny remarks to anything the group inside the Cortex was saying.

"Thanks, Chuck." The female voice said again. "Cause with everything that's going on, we're going to need all the help we can get."

Thea and I turned the corner into the Cortex to see Barry, Caitlin, and Cecile were the only three people I recognized. No Joe, Cisco, Kamila, Iris, Ralph.

No one had noticed us so I said the only thing I was able to think of. "Well, I guess we came at the right time then." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Luke?" Barry asked walking towards me. "How's it going? What are you doing here?" He asked as we hugged.

"Following a lead." I said to him as I turned to Caitlin.

"Hey Cait." I said hugging her. "Cecile." I said moving to her.

"Luke, Thea, meet our most recent members of the team since you've been gone." Barry said turning to the two I didn't recognize. "Chester P. Runk and Allegra Garcia."

I shook both their hands. "I'm Lukas Vincent, I used to be part of the team a couple of years ago."

"He still is part of the team." Caitlin corrected me.

"Guess I am."

"What happened to the lab. You guys seem to mess it up way more than Ollie ever messed up his base." Thea said looking around at all of the broken things.

"Listen up, there's a bunch of stuff I'm going to have to fill you guys in on and vice versa but we're debriefing right now." Barry said motioning for Cecile to continue.

"Allegra's right." Cecile said. "How do we stop a dozen Godspeeds?"

"Oh yeah, Barry. How much of your speed did they steal?" Caitlin asked.

"Barely any. The others attacked the first clones before they could do any real damage." Barry said rubbing his hands.

"But why fight each other?" Chester asked.

"Yeah, and why would any Godspeed want to protect the Flash?" Allegra asked.

I was so lost at this point.

"I don't think they wanted to help me. I think they were trying to kill the other six."

"Speedsters fighting Speedsters?" Cecile asked.

Oo, now I was starting to follow.

"Yeah, that ain't no regular bad guy battle." Chester said.

"Whatever it is we're stuck in the middle of it." Caitlin said as I sat down at the small desk next to the original flash suit. "All this time we assumed the Godspeeds were aligned. But if they're not."

"It's a Civil War."

***
"You guys can all head home." Barry said rubbing the back of his neck. "Unless you guys want to help fill Lukas and Thea on what they've missed."

"I'm going to stay with Esperanza." Allegra said pointing at the girl laying on the medical table.

I had a quick flashback of when I laid on that table after being ripped apart by the Lizard.

Barry, Caitlin, Chester, and Cecile went on to tell us about Bloodwork, the Crisis Event, Black Hole, the real Mirror Master. How Barry had four kids.

"Wait, I'm sorry. Did you just say you and Iris accidentally created four gods?"

Barry nodded his head. "Yeah, it got really confusing there for a bit."

He then went on to talk about Godspeed and basically had us caught up from there.

"Where's Ralph?" I asked confused.

"Cancelled." Chester said innocently and quickly.

Barry just gave him a disappointed look.

"And Cisco?"

"Became a S.T.E.M department director at Argus." Caitlin said.

Another girl walked through the Cortex with straight navy and black on with pure white hair.

I stood up.

"Welcome back, Lukas." She said smiling at me.

I looked at the girl before looking back at Caitlin.

"I think I missed a chapter in your story."

"This is Frost, the part of me that I used to turn into." Caitlin said introducing her. "My twin sister."

"Oh wow."

"So, what have you guys been up to?" Barry asked me.

"Well, first we went and took down the Thanatos Guild and the rest of the Lazarus Pits." Thea said telling our side of the story.

I whispered to Barry. "We went to Rome."

"Rome?" Barry whispered back. "I wanna go to Rome. Can we go right now?"

"Barry." Thea said to him.

"Right, sorry, continue."

"And then we had Oliver's funeral and final mission after some lunatic kidnapping William. Got to meet my niece from the future." Thea continued. "Turns out, the crazy lunatic wanted Luke's attention and sent us on a wild goose chase. Someone who calls himself the Hunter is after Lukas and after we ran into some dead ends we decided to travel. We hung up the suits and just enjoyed life until a couple days ago at the Rockies game one of Lukas's rogues told us to return home."

"Rogues?" Cecile asked. 

"Yeah, you know like how Barry has Captain Cold and Top. Side villains who don't matter to the plot." Thea said to her.

"Where's Iris?" I asked. "You guys didn't break up did you?"

I noticed Chester putting on the worst poker face in existence.

"Oh, shoot." Barry said standing up. "I forgot she's not feeling well, I should go check on her."

"Barry." I said standing up with him. "I'll help you with your problem, if you can help you with mine." I said putting out my hand.

He shook it gladly.

"Glad to have you back man." He said turning towards the door.

"Oh, Barry." I said to him as he turned around. "Can we get a ride?" I said to him flashing my old apartment keys.

In a flash of orange we were suddenly at my old apartment door.

I slowly put the key in the door and opened it.

Everything was the same as I had left it.

"You good?" Thea asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah, everything's perfect I said to her."

"The spare bedroom is just down the hall to the right." I said to her. "It's yours now."

She smiled at me before disappearing down the hall.

Everywhere I looked around the apartment I remembered Nora from when I was sick when my powers were developing and had fallen asleep on the couch while she played video games.

I gave a small smile before disappearing into my room.

"Welcome home." I said to myself quietly.