Chapter Ten- An Unexpected Arrival

"John?" I asked standing.

"Digg." Barry said shocked as well.

"John?" Thea and Caitlin said at the same time.

"Lukas, Thea, Barry and Caitlin." John said holding up a case. "I brought you something."

"What is it?" Barry asked confused.

I was still in shock that John Diggle had just walked into the room in our moment of need.

"If we're lucky, a way to end this war before someone gets killed."

***
John opened up the case and put his hands on it.

"It's called an Entropy Trap. Hopefully it's gonna save your city."

"Wait, wait, wait. You're saying that John Diggle is gonna help us end the Godspeed war?" Chester asked walking towards him excited. "AKA Spartan, AKA Oliver Queen's right-hand man, AKA the heart and soul of Team Arrow?"

Everyone laughed before Chester rolled his eyes.

"And this is something that Cisco cooked up after you called him and gave him the 411 on Central City."

"When we reached out for help I had no idea he was going to send you." Barry said also still shocked.

"When you have three Mark of Fours in the same place." Diggle started. "There's a big problem. So I volunteered. We're fighting a war Barry, I know something about that."

"And with a battle tested shoulder like you on our side, we're gonna win." Cecile said smirking.

"What does it do?" Thea asked stepping up to the case.

Diggle pulled the device from the case and walked over setting it on the ground. "This motion detected plate has the response time of a picosecond." Diggle walked back to us and clicked a button on the device. It turned purple. "Now it's live. Hey, do you mind handing me that thing?"

Chester excited that he was getting to help the Spartan rushed over and grabbing the glowing sphere. Diggle threw it and it hung suspended in the air.

Barry and Cecile argued back and forth before it turned to Barry and Diggle discussing bringing an enemy into the house ultimately to which Diggle agreed before wincing in pain and gripping his hand.

"You good?" I asked helping him regain his composure.

He nodded and I noticed Cecile trying to read his emotions.

Nothing.

He nodded and stood up.

Within the hour Barry had successfully trapped and apprehended a defeated Godspeed clone and placed him into a pipeline cell.

I had my feet up on the desk sitting next to Chester as Diggle, Thea, Caitlin, and Cecile watched from in front of the desk.

Barry and Godspeed were discussing about their motives and what was going on, how the Godspeeds were searching for August Heart. He almost had Barry joining his side until he mentioned killing Heart.

"Then know this Flash, anyone who stands in our way will die with him."

"Uhh Caitlin." I said pulling up biometrics. "I can't read this."

"Barry, uh Godspeeds biometrics show he just tapped into his speed." Caitlin said to him as I took off running down the hall towards the pipeline.

Allegra and I both rounded the corner at the same time to hear glass shattering and the sounds of vibrations echoing in the hall.