Chapter Thirty Three- The Final Hunt

"So what's the plan?" Frost asked as everyone huddled around the cortex.

I shrugged. "There is no plan, I go into that stadium at halftime and we have a cage match. If I lose I die, if I win. Kraven rots in Iron Heights."

"Actually, we do have a plan." Chester said putting a device on the desk.

"What is it?" I asked examining the circular device.

"It's a Portable Simulation Generator or P.S.G." Chester started. "I pulled it out of dads old blueprints."

"Chester." Allegra said tapping his arm signaling for him to get to the point.

"Oh right, Lukas. You won't be able to take advantage of your webshooters and your powers in the middle of the stadium, but the P.S.G will simulate a physical virtual reality that will allow you to make it a fair fight." Chester said as a screen demonstrated for us.

"What about the citizens?" Barry asked.

"They will be safe. The P.S.G will create a barrier between the field and the crowd. You and Bart will just need to safely clear the field."

I nodded before leaving the cortex.

***
I rubbed my hands together as I sat in the lounge. So much had been running through my mind, Nora, Thea, Kraven.

"You good bro?" Bart asked entering the lounge.

I took a deep breath and nodded. "Just got a lot on my mind."

"She'll be back." Bart said. "She told me to promise you she would."

"Where did she go?" I asked.

"She said she had something to check on back in twenty forty nine." Bart said. "Have you given it any thought?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, but I don't think I'm ready yet. I need to beat Kraven, so I can really have a clear head to think on."

Bart nodded. "That's a good idea, it's getting late. We should get into position."

***
The whistle blew and the refs waved their arms above their heads signaling halftime as the players and personnel marched their way into the locker room.

A short few minutes after a lone man walked onto the field incapacitating security guards as he approached the forty five yard line.

I took that as my cue as I flipped down onto the field from the skyscraper I had been perched on waiting.

Sirens immediately roared to life in this distance.

Kraven smiled as I landed on the forty five yard line opposite of him.

"Central City!" He boomed raising his hands as his voice echoed through the intercoms. "Be prepared and rejoice as your hero falls."

Boos were heard around the entire stadium.

"Enough talk, Kraven." I said to him as I pulled the device from my pocket. "If I wanted any lip from you I'd jiggle my zipper."

I slid the device across the turf as a simulation began to grow around us. A jungle, no a rainforest, the Amazon Rainforest.

"Really Chester. A Rainforest. He's literally Kraven the hunter. He has African and Amazonian hides on his body." Allegra growled into the comms.

I ignored the chatter as I immediately jumped into the trees.

"This your Final Hunt, Kraven!" I yelled as I bounced from tree to tree.

I immediately heard rustling as he began his chase.

The rustling suddenly became quiet and before I knew it I was being tackled out of the tree and onto the ground.

I held him back as his claws ripped open the front of my suit before I planted my feet on his chest and kicked him off of me.

We got into a fist fight each throwing strategically placed punches before I grabbed him and threw him into a tree which he easily bounced off before catching me with a hook across the face.

"You lose." He said picking me up from my neck and raising me off the ground.

My suit had been badly damaged my chest and mask ripped.

He stomped on the device that had made the simulation, the simulation around us flickered a couple times before completely disappearing.

The crowd gasped at what was happening as I spit out blood. "Now!" He hissed. "You lose. Your hero has failed you! For the last time!" Kraven yelled

Right as he brought his hand up to kill me I shot a web directly across his eyes successfully blinding him.

The crowd roared as I backflipped and kicked him under the chin on the way up.

He stumbled backwards a little before he crumpled to a heap on the ground.

"The Hunter becomes the Hunted." I said dusting my hands off before placing the cuffs on him.

***
"That was some good work out there kid." Barry said as he took a drink.

"I tried my best, I'm just happy he came to me and I didn't have to go looking for him in some sort of jungle." I said laughing. "Have you heard from Nora yet?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "She means well, she just gets a little confused sometimes. You guys have been through a lot. You went into a coma, she died. She came back, barely remembered you, she got her memories, you said you wanted to wait. Things are confusing. But they'll workout."

I nodded. "Everything always does, especially when you can change time."

Barry laughed. "Did I ever tell you about the time I changed the future three times after kissing Iris before we actually sealed it."

"To be fair, that seems reckless and impulsive and exactly something you would do."

A yellow bolt sped into the lounge and Bart stood there bouncing on his feet.

"What are you so jittery about?" Barry asked him.

A big grin appeared on his face. "Nora's back, and she's brought a lot of news from the future." Bart stopped bouncing "You're going to want to see this. Both of you."