Chapter Tweleve- Half-Truths

I returned to the cortex trying to fight the tears and shock I had from seeing my dead ex girlfriend who's not really my actually dead ex.

Thea approached me and gave me a hug. "How'd it go?"

"She remembers everything, not actually. She knows about the other Nora but none of that is her. Those feelings aren't hers." I said as I approached the desk and sat down in the chair.

Cecile looked at me from behind the desk sadly. "You know Luke, in our crazy family we have time travels and spiders, empaths, and all sort of other things."

"I used to be able to make black holes." Chester said shrugging.

I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Look on the bright side, they're stuck here until we've figured things out." Caitlin said.

I shook my head. "It doesn't work like that. I can't force her to love me like the other Nora did and even if she did there's no logical way we can be together without risking the space time continuum."

Thea rubbed my shoulders gently trying to ease my stress.

"You know, maybe she's right." I said to them. "Maybe, she wasn't my soulmate."

Without warning we were interrupted as three flashes appeared in the cortex. Tensions were clearly high because Cecile was fast to usher us out.

A couple minutes later a purple and gold flash appeared before disappearing into the speed track.

***
"You can throw stars with your lightning, but you can't catch a ball of it in under twenty seconds?" Bart said panting.

"It's a lot harder than it looks."

"Well, maybe you should stop focusing on being a badass parkouring off every wall you see." Nora said.

Bart got frustrated. "All this about me, how about you?"

"You see the guy you're in love with and you freeze." Bart said to her.

Nora looked taken aback.

"What are you talking about?" She asked about his sudden outburst.

"What do you mean? You stare at that picture of him in your journal for hours a day."

"He was there Bart. He was in the future with us, the team found a way for us to be together." Nora said to him.

"Then why did he disappear?" Bart asked her as Nora's face dropped.

"I don't want to talk about it." Nora said turning around and dropping the conversation.

Barry and Iris came around the corner as the four reunited immediately changing Nora's mood.

The family talked for awhile discussing Godspeed until the ultimately came to a decision to bench Bart after deciding it had become too personal for Bart to be in the field.

Bart left in a flash leaving the three of them.

Barry went to chase after him but it was ultimately decided that Nora would talk with him.

They needed to have a discussion anyway.

***
"How could you turn on me like that?" Bart asked with tears in his eyes. "You're supposed to have my back."

"I still do." Nora said. "Look, I get why you're angry after what Godspeed took from you, from us?"

Bart looked at her shocked. "Godspeed— Nora, Godspeed didn't take Uncle Jay." Bart hesitated. "He killed him. He killed Uncle Jay. Right in front of me."

Bart turned around.

"I know what you're feeling." Nora said standing up.

"How could you?!" Bart grew anger.

Nora's eyes began to well with tears. "Because I had to watch the love of my life get taken away from me by Quantum and I wasn't fast enough to get him back."

Bart turned around. "Lukas didn't leave? Why wouldn't you tell us this. Dad and I could've helped you get him back."

Nora stamped her foot. "Because it doesn't matter, right now, if we don't stop Godspeed Lukas won't be alive to save anyway."

Bart apologized before going into a speech about the people who trained him and then discussed how Jay understood him.

"Can't we just tell Dad what Godspeed did, then he'd understand why I have to take him down."

"Because we'd be breaking the most important rule."

"You did." Bart retorted.

Nora pursued her lips careful not to say too much. "There is something about Lukas that makes him special. Sacred. What did Jay tell you about taking risks. What would he say if he were here now."

"It's time to take off our hat." Bart said sadly. As Nora gave him a told you so look which Bart rolled his eyes for.

Nora stood up. "I will take Godspeed down for the both of us, I promise."

***
"In position." Barry said through comms as he put Chester's machine into place.

"Nora, are you ready?" Iris replied through comms.

"On my way with the guests of honor." She replied speeding through the streets with multiple Godspeeds behind her.

"Now!" Nora yelled as I swung between the buildings with my upgraded red, blue, and white suit.

The machines went off as the Godspeeds fell to the floor incapacitated.

"Holy shrap. It worked." Nora said hugging Barry.

Lightning began to flicker off the Godspeeds as they once again rose to their feet.

"Sensors are picking up a massive increase to the clones kinetic energy. They're recharging." Chester said as Nora was suddenly taken out by a vacuum of speed energy.

Barry was hit immediately after as he got to his feet and took the brunt of the vacuum from the four Godspeeds.

A mist suddenly spread blinding the Godspeeds.

My cue.

I jumped from the building and swung like Tarzan hauling a garbage can behind me.

"Nice shot, Ice Queen." I said as I let go of the trash can sending it spiraling towards the Godspeeds taking them all out at once.

I backflipped to the ground and celebrated.

"That's a strike."

Barry rushed to Nora as Frost looked behind me in fear.

"Guys, we gotta go." Frost said as I saw the Godspeeds getting up behind me.

I nodded at Barry as I leapt into the sky and began parkouring my way over the roofs and swinging through the city as Frost, Nora, and Barry disappeared back to the S.T.A.R Labs.