Chapter Thirty Four- Revelations

"What's going on?" Barry asked as we walked into the cortex where everyone was standing solemnly.

Nora gave me a smile and I returned it before standing next to Caitlin.

"I thought Nora has good news?" I asked.

"Well it's not good, but it's not bad either." Nora said to us. "I went back to the future, only one thing has changed from us interfering with Godspeed."

"And what's that?" Barry asked confused.

"You didn't disappear, I don't have all the details because I'm going to be honest that's not what I was looking for." Nora said shrugging. "But as I returned to our new present, all of the memories suddenly came rushing back of growing up with you, and Bart, and Mom." She said happily.

"Oh my God." Barry said flabbergasted. "That's amazing, but what were you looking for?"

Nora sighed as her eyes fell on me. "Him."

"What do you mean?" Thea asked confused as she hobbled out of the medical bay on a crutch. Sometimes I forget she doesn't have super healing like most of us. "Was he not there?"

"Thea." Caitlin said rushing to her side. "You should still be in bed."

Thea scoffed. "I've nearly died, I'm pretty sure I can handle this."

I smiled at her as she hobbled up next to me. "Sorry I missed your cage match." She winced.

"Ah, wasn't much of a fight honestly." I said causing her to chuckle.

Nora continued. "Lukas, was not there in twenty forty nine." Nora said. "Just like when he left, his future has not changed. So. . . I did some digging. A lot of it."

Nora crossed the room and plugged something into the computer. It was a holographic surveillance footage.

Bart, Nora, and I all stood together staring down an African American man in a long dark trench coat with pure green eyes.

"That looks like. . ." Barry started but was cut off.

"Deion." Iris said to him.

"That's what I thought as well." Nora said. "In our new future the three of us this was our big bad. . . Jaxon Holmes. Or as we call him, Quantum."

"Is he a speedster?" Chester asked.

Nora shook her head. "He's a time traveler, he's immune to effects of Temporal changes. Like my diary, and as I've discovered. Like Lukas. Watch."

Nora let the surveillance footage play out.

A battle erupted as flashes of electricity went in and out of the surveillance. Quantum stood paralyzed, analyzing every move before he threw his hands out and the screen froze.

"What happened?" I asked. "Did someone delete the rest."

"No." Chester said. "He stopped time. Look at the time stamp. It stopped."

The screen stood still for about thirty seconds before it began playing again and only Bart and Nora were still standing.

I stumbled. "Are you saying . . ."

"You don't belong here, Lukas. You're not from this time period." Barry said.

I gripped the cortex desk as the world began to spin. I couldn't breath. The walls were closing in on me. My entire life, it had been a lie. No, not to me it wasn't. Not to Thea or my family or the rest of the team.

Nora stabilized me as my breathing returned to normal and the walls stopped closing in on me.

"Are you okay?" She asked softly.

I nodded. "I think so."

"That doesn't make sense, Madison and James, they've known you since you were a child? You have childhood pictures." Thea suggested.

Nora nodded sadly. "You're going to need this." She said kicking a chair to me. "I did some more digging following every temporal blip that I picked up on my gadget which Chester helped me adjust to track temporal rifts."

"Quantum can't just push people through time. He can push time through people. He pushed time through your body until you were just a cell in, your mothers womb." Nora said sadly. "The temporal radiation this had on your mothers body in the long run, well it turned into cancer."

"Are you telling me, I killed my mom?" I asked. "No, that's impossible, this is all impossible. It can't be."

"I'm sorry, Luke." Nora said to me.

"So, what's my dad then? And my sister?"

The dominos started to fall, everything began to click like a puzzle.

"Your father is James Vincent, your grandfather. And Madison, well in my timeline, in our timeline. She married a man named Richard, Richard Parker. They had you. Lukas Vincent Parker."

"Wow this is some serious multiversal shit going on right now." Chester said going over everyone's head except mine and Bart's

"Just wait for this next part." Bart said to him.

"Richard, your father actually wanted to name you Peter after his dad but Madison wouldn't allow it, she said Lukas, reminded her of her brother that her parents had lost in pregnancy before we, and Quantum changed that timeline."

"Yeah, this is crazy." Chester whispered to Allegra.

I stood up ready to put the pieces together.

"So, you're saying that between us and Quantum screwed the timeline up so horrifically bad that I wiped myself out of a previous timeline, but instead became someone else in a new timeline but the exact same person."

"Well, you didn't have spider powers in our timeline." Bart added. "You just had artificial speed."

"Which is why your cells bonded together in the fashion that they did." Caitlin said connecting the dots from my odd D.N.A vitals that she had shown me weeks prior.

"So, what are you telling me?" I asked.

"You are a temporal anomaly." Nora said. "You are immune to temporal changes."

"She's giving you a choice." Barry said drawing attention to the elephant in the room. "You can either stay with us, and continue the work you've been doing here."

"Or?" I asked him as a look of sadness flashed across his already shocked face.

"Or, you can go back with Nora and Bart. Back home. Where you're from. Find out the truth, the meaning behind all of this."

I looked at Nora who had tears in her eyes.

"You could come home."