Chapter Five- What a Shocker

"Alright, if I was supervillain who hired someone to tell me who and where he was. What would I do?" I asked standing on the roof of Trump Tower.

"I don't know, most side villains tend to draw attention to themselves." Thea said standing next to me. "No police chatter though, odd for Chicago."

"I've always wondered, why do you wear red. Do you like blood?" I asked. "It kind of sticks out. It's not like you're the red arrow, even Roy wasn't called that? Do you wear it for him?"

"Oh my god. You don't ever shut up." She said as I struck a nerve.

"And you don't ever talk." I said to her. "All I do is ask you how you're feeling. When was the last time you asked me how I was doing, how I'm feeling." I asked her. "I've had no one but you since I left Central City but it feels like I've been alone the entire time."

Her face fell like she had just been punched in the gut.

"We got a bank robbery in progress, some dude wearing a yellow suit. He's got some lightning technology. Requesting back up. North LaSalle Dr and Madison." The police radio went off.

"We'll talk after we go to work." I said to her I as I pulled her into me and began to swing towards the sirens.

I dropped Thea behind the police cars and landed just inside the bank.

"How lame do you have to be to name yourself based on a bedroom technique?" I asked the man facing away from.

"I'm the Shocker because I Shock things." He said showing off his gauntlets.

"Ooooo, shiver me timber." I mocked him.

He dropped the money bags. "Are you ready to get squashed, bug?"

I jumped into the vault kicking Shocker backwards into the far side.

"Okay, I'll give you that one. It was decent." I said as Thea came running in behind me.

"Less talking more apprehending." Thea said hitting him with taser arrow.

"Really Speedy, you just upgraded him." I said shaking my head.

The shocker touched the wall electrocuting it. I would have to focus on my hand to hand abilities rather than my evasive ones.

"Oops." She said giving me an apologetic look.

I shot continuous webs at Schultz until he was trapped in a cocoon of webs.

I flicked my web canisters out and replaced them with new ones. "You know, I'd say it was a good fight but I got put into a coma by six other villains. They cheated but yeah they at least hit me."

The shocker exploded out of the webs and sprinted at me.

I slid under his legs hitting him in the face with a web and pulled him down.

Schultz got up and growled at me.

Thea shot two arrows which the shocker caught in midair and laughed.

Thea just smirked as the arrow beeped before exploded in his face.

"Nice one." I said to her as I jumped at the shocker kicking him into the wall where he electrocuted himself and fell to the ground smoking.

I jumped on top of him and webbed him to the ground until I was positive he wouldn't move.

"You will never beat the Master, after all it is his game. You're just playing it."

"Who's the master."

"The greatest hunter known to man." He hissed at me.

"Well Mr. Schultz clearly not because I don't know him." I said as the authorities piled in and apprehended the villain.

"Thanks for the help Spider, haven't seen you on the news in Central City. Glad you're okay. The world needs heroes like you." The officer looked around me at Thea. "You too, Legolas."

***
"Luke." Thea said as I swiped the card on the door and pushed it open followed closely by Thea.

"Oh, this is just great." I said putting the key on the tv stand and looking at the only one bed when I had specifically asked for two.

I dropped my spider emblem on the tv stand as well before taking off my shoes.

"Luke!" Thea demanded. "Can we talk?"

I rubbed my eyes. "What is there to talk about?"

"Umm, I don't maybe the topic of you blowing up on me on the roof." She said dropping the bag with her suit on the ground.

I turned around and saw the depressed and anxious face looking back at me.

"All I've done since you found out about Nora was worry about you." Thea started. "First, you go running off a thousand miles away. Then I come back and find out you're a superhero, who's in a coma by the way. Didn't see you in years and the first time I do you're in a coma. Turn around and I find out you came back to Star City and didn't even come see me. Then when you finally wake up we come to each other heartbroken, we sleep together and you don't want to even speak about except how you dropped the bomb that you used to be in love with me... and never told me." Thea said starting to cry. "All I do is worry about you Lukas, but I don't ask you because if you wanted to talk about it you would."

I was at a loss for words. How was I even supposed to respond to that. She was right, I never returned to Star City after I left for college until I applied for a job and never reached out.

"I'm sorry." I said putting my hands in my face. "You're right, completely right."

She sat down next to me and put her head on my shoulder.

"How are you doing?" She asked.

I shrugged. "Some days I'm great, and then the next day I'm not. My heart will always hold a special place for Nora but she's gone. There's nothing I can do about it, I miss her terribly and I miss Oliver. Sometimes I feel all alone, completely dark. Others I feel like I'm moving on, taking two steps forward and then it feels like I get hit three steps backwards."

Thea wrapped her arm through my arm.

"You're never alone, Luke." Thea said. "I know how you're feeling."

I nodded to her.

"Let's go to bed." She said to me trying to pull me up.

I looked up at her. "I think I'm going to sleep on the couch."

Her face fell but she picked her head up and nodded.

"Goodnight Luke." She said to me.

"Goodnight, Thea."

The lights went out and I laid there staring up at the ceiling listening to the cars on the street below.

"Luke." Thea whispered through the darkness.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I wear red because it symbolizes Strength and when people look up and see that strength being used to protect them. It inspires hope."