Chapter Twenty- Rewewal Ceremony

One Week Later...

"I hate weddings." Thea said tugging at the tight dress around her legs as she crossed into the living room.

"There's alcohol." I said to her.

She gave me a mocking laugh. "That's not the point. Everyone is in love and hoping it's going to happen to them. All it does is remind of what I'm missing out on."

I attempted to tie my tie but then just threw it on the counter and unbuttoned the top two buttons of my shirt instead.

"Central City is huge, there's plenty of guys around here." I said to her. "Maybe it's time to get back in the game?" I questioned as I buttoned one suit button.

I grabbed my keys and wallet from the bowl on the desk next to the door and slid them into my pocket.

"Luke." Thea said pulling her jacket over her dress as she sat at the counter.

I turned to her before she continued. "Do you really think chasing after this is a good idea?" She asked me. "You know you can't go with them. Right?"

I put my hands on the counter and looked at her. "You're my best friend The, but Nora and Bart have just created their own start to the a new future so they're going to stick around for awhile." I said pulled a hand through my hair. "I gotta follow my heart, no matter how much it'll hurt in the end. I'll never miss out an opportunity that could be amazing."

Thea sighed thinking it wouldn't end well.

"Besides." I said to her as we walked out the door. "Nothings happened yet."

***
"Jay." I said tapping my glass to his as he leaned against the wooden pillar.

"Lukas." He said to me. I knew he was disappointed I had given up my speed. I could feel the vial in my coat pocket. "Giving up your speed, takes a lot of guts. But, it doesn't make you any less a hero. Or family."

"I did what I felt in my gut was right. I know if I went against it, it would haunt me forever." I said to him.

"You're a good man, Luke." He said grabbing my shoulder as I looked at Nora laughing and talking with Bart. "She'll be lucky to have you."

I approached Barry and waved my glass at him. "I missed a good buzz."

He laughed. "Thanks for helping. We may not have been able to do it without you."

"Pfft. You guys would've been fine, but congratulations." I said to him. "Thanks for letting me into your family two years ago."

He nodded. "Of course, you're one of my best friends, even if you were or are in love with my daughter?" He said in a weird statement question format.

I ignored his weird question and continued. "Did you find anything?" I asked him.

He shook his head apologetically. "I got nothing, everything leads to dead ends on your Hunter."

I nodded. "I figured, I just hate this waiting game."

"Everyone, if I may direct your attention to the stairs." Cisco said waving his hand in the direction of the stairs.

Everyone gathered around. I stood between Jay and Thea, Jay stood next to his wife and Thea was standing next to Frost.

Everyone's attention was on the stairs but mine was on Nora. She was gorgeous, her short hair was up and she was wearing a maroon top with a pair of white shorts.