Chapter Two- The Most Important Mission

Felicity made her home back in front of the computer as she had a reunion with everyone but Mia and I stood back.

Why had Oliver chosen me as one of the members to carry on his legacy.

I took it to the only other person that was avoiding the only reunion.

"Lukas." She said as I approached her.

"You know me?" I asked Oliver's daughter from the future.

"Of course I know you, you're a legend where I come from." She said to me.

"Am I dead?" I asked her.

She laughed. "Absolutely not, you're hard to kill. You mostly stick to the shadows, travel city to city toppling corrupt governments and taking down villains."

"Do we know each other?" I asked her.

She rolled off the railing she was sitting on and walked with me. "Something like that, I'm not allowed to tell you much."

I shook my head. "That's fine, I just have one question. Why did Oliver choose me to carry on his legacy?"

"Oliver chose eight people to receive the mark. Felicity for Compassion, Dinah for Loyalty, Roy for Courage, Diggle for Valor, Rene for selflessness, Barry for Hope, Thea for Family, and you for Perseverance." Mia said to me. "It's called the mark of four because it was supposed to represent Compassion, Loyalty, Selflessness, and Courage but after consideration he added you, Barry, and Thea to the list knowing he could trust you." Mia said to me.

"Thank you all for coming." Diggle said loudly causing Mia and I to walk to the center of the room.

Everyone stood at attention waiting for Diggle to continue speaking.

"Some on very short notice. Oliver made the ultimate sacrifice for his friends and his family. Now his family needs our help. This is our most important mission. Suit up."

***
"Well he's definitely not here." I said as we landed on top of a building at Van Wayne Industries. 

"What was the next location?" Thea asked.

"Kord industries." Roy replied and then turned to Thea. "Hey, can I talk to you for a second."

I took that as my cue and leapt a great distance away onto a ledge that I could use my recon drone to scan areas away from where I was located.

I located Mia's tracker. The only one that had dead radio silence.

"Lukas." Thea asked. "Where are you going?"

"To help." I said as I turned to her before jumping off the building and swinging in the direction of the Green Arrow.

I landed softly behind her as she drew an arrow aiming at a man holding a young child hostage.

"Let him go!" She yelled.

The man turned to her with fear evident in her eyes.

"Who the hell are you?" She asked him.

I slowly walked around the outside edge of the roof carefully not to make any sudden movements as Mia rapidly approached the man.

"You're wearing his hood, you should know." The man growled at her.

"Let him go." She demanded again.

"I brought him up here to throw him off." The man said. "My whole life ended right here."

"I don't care." Mia said to him. "Final warning."

"He thought he was saving me. Eight years in Iron Heights never saved anyone."

Flashbacks of me being obliterated on top of the roof flashed through my mind. The same attack that put me in a coma and almost killed me.

"So you kidnap his son, the man who spared your life? I should put this arrow in your right now!" Mia growled.

"Do it!" The man said dropping William who immediately ran to me. "After eight years in prison, I got nothing left to live for anyway. Go ahead!"

Mia was fighting with her demons, struggling on whether or not to put an arrow in him before her eyes flickered and she unarmed herself. "No, if Oliver Queen didn't kill you, then neither will I." She stepped up to him. "But your ass is going back to prison."

***
Back at headquarters Mia was teaching William the different aspects of the bow while their mother watched from afar.

"That's... Mia." Felicity said in realization.

"Must be a lot to take in." Sara said to her.

"Understatement of the millennium." Felicity said quietly. "She became a hero." She said to Diggle.

"Well, she had good parents."

Felicity struggled with the idea of meeting her grown up daughter while understanding that she was still at home still a baby not to rush it.

The team stood around a terminal watching the news.

"William Clayton was safely recovered from his kidnapper John Byrne apparently the abduction was revenge. For Oliver Queen bringing Byrne to justice eight years ago. We have exclusive footage of the rescue." The reporter said as the screen changed to an image of Mia sparing the mans life. "With Oliver Queen being confirmed dead. We can only speculate that he inspired a new generation of heroes to carry on his mission."

Dinah turned off the news. "Like I said... Proud."

***
I knocked on the wooden doorframe.

Thea looked up from looking at the pictures of Oliver on the desk.

"Hey." I said smiling at her.

She was dressed in a white blouse and a black pair of jeans, she gave a warm smile back to me. "Hey."

"Your mom let me in." I said walking up to her. "Is it just me or does you now alive mom seems to like me a lot more than the old Moira?" I asked her confused.

"Maybe it's because you refused to every come through the door." Thea said smirking at me. "In her defense though, she was planning on destroying the glades and you were a genius."

"I found something." I said becoming serious with her. Her face dropped.

I set my laptop on the desk and began to pull up files.

"The man who kidnapped your nephew was not out of revenge. He was paid, set up. He wanted my attention." I said as I pulled up bank statements and a note the Star City police pulled from his pocket.

"I know you're seeing this Spider, today begins.... You're greatest hunt."

"You don't have to come with me." I said to her. "I know you have things to figure out with Roy and your family bu..."

I was cut off as Thea smiled.

"When do we start?"