Chapter Seven- Molten Metal

The bottom of the seventh and the Rockets we're winning seven to four. The Rockets weren't amazing this year but the Rockies weren't amazing either.

"So, Luke." Madison said to me. "Whenever you decide to go back to Central City." She said holding out a pair of keys to me.

"What are these?" I asked confused.

"The keys to your old apartment." She said to me. "Dad's been paying for it while you've been away. He always knew you'd find yourself back there eventually."

My jaw fell in shock. "You shouldn't have." I said looking at my dad. "Why would you do that?"

"You're my son." He said squeezing my shoulder.

I gave a smile. "Thanks guy."

A explosion occurred from across the field behind home bases.

People immediately began screaming as smoke billowed into the air. Every started to flee from the stadium in haste as the upper level began to crumble.

With my sharp eyesight I was able to make out the steel was warping and was glowing slightly orange.

"Thea." I said standing up. "Get them to safety." I said before running down into the bathroom where I pulled out my spider emblem.

I hadn't worn it in months.

I rubbed the black logo before putting it against my chest as I began to fall into the nostalgia of the suit covering my body.

I pulled my mask out of my jacket pocket and pulled it on.

I left the bathroom and began scaling the the stadium swinging from the upper levels at an awkward angle.

The upper level had already been cleared from behind home plate as I landed on the lower bowl and reached up just as the upper level fell.

I struggled under the weight but managed to hold it up.

"Go!" I yelled at the remaining civilians. "Run!"

The civilians took off in opposite directions clearing the area as something extremely hot was planted into my back.

I backflipped over the threat as the upper level came crashing down.

There before me stood a man completely covered in flames. His body seemed to be flowing like lava.

"Who are you?" I asked him.

"I'm Molten Man." He said putting his hands on the floor as the ground below him began to melt.

"So, here's the thing. What you just did is illegal." I said to him. "Did you know that?"

"I'm not after the people." He growled as he opened his mouth sending a jet of molten lava at me. "I want you."

"What did I ever do to you." I said jumping onto the pole and staying there.

"Nothing, the hunter wants you gone." He said to me.

There it was again, "The Hunter." As I was stalling I was rapidly looking around for anything to put him out.

"Hey Lava girl." I said leaping over him and webbing the fire extinguisher in the wall. "Time to cool off." I said pulling the trigger and spraying him.

Molten Man just continued on through the foam towards.

You gotta be kidding me.

Fire trucks wailed in the distance nearing close with every second. An idea popped in my head as I slingshotted myself around the pole putting my foot threw his chest sending him out the fenced gate and into the street.

Police cars were already there and had their guns drawn on Molten Man.

"Stand Down!" The police officer said as the fire trucks rolled onto the scene.

"Hey, Human Torch." I said as I lifted a man hole cover swinging it around.

Can I say that? Is it illegal to say that?

He turned to look at me snapping me out of my thoughts as I wound up and tried to hit him with it.

He caught the metal manhole cover and melted it down forming it into a ball.

"Oh, no." I said as the ball caught me in the chest sending me backwards into the fire truck. The fireman had the same idea and had already got to work.

I quickly rolled the ball off my chest and patted out the small flame that had lit a part of my suit on fire.

I took the fire extinguisher on the side of the truck and doused him with it once again.

"You already tried that cockroach." He said to me. "It doesn't work." He said passing through the foam.

"But this will." I said as I opened the firehose as a jet stream of pressurized water exploded from it catching Molten Man in the chest and sending him backwards onto the ground until he was just a man in prison garb.

I high fived the firemen and gave him back his fire helmet. "Thanks for the help guys."

"Thanks Spider!" The fireman said to me.

The cops had placed him in power dampening cuffs and arrested him. The officer stood him up to me and we locked eyes with each other.

"Time to go home, Vincent." He whispered at me.

I froze in place.

The Hunter knew my identity, knew who I was behind the mask.

The cops hauled him off and thanked me for the help before stuffing him into the back of a police car.

"Hey Spidey, you ever think about changing colors. The black sometimes throws people off." An officer said nodding to me before getting into the squad car.

I disappeared around the corner and caught my breath.

My heart was pounding in my chest as I took my suit off and leaned against the concrete wall.

"Luke." Thea said as footsteps came towards me. "Are you okay?"

I nodded and regained my composure as my father and sister followed close behind my partner.

"I think we're going to head back home after that fiasco." My dad said to me.

The three of us hugged. "Safe travels." I said to them.

"What will you do?" Madison asked.

I bounced on my feet for a second and looked at Thea.

"We're going back to Central City."