Chapter Twenty One- Celebrations and Conversations

Chester, Cisco, and I stood around the kitchen table discussing pop culture, Star Wars was the main topic of conversation.

One that had been going on for over an hour at this point.

Someone tapped my shoulder and I turned to see Nora standing there sheepishly.

"Nora." I said to her as Cisco and Chester immediately went into a conversation amongst themselves.

"Hi." She said looking at her feet.

She gestured to the door. "Do you- do you think we can have that talk now?"

I looked at Bart and Barry who nodded at me.

I looked back to Nora who was waiting for an answer.

I nodded my head. "Yeah- yeah of course."

"Lukas! When you get back we're turning this place up!" Bart said sipping on the stuff that Cisco had given him.

"Isn't he underage?" I asked Nora as we went for the door.

"Yeah, technically but private home with family. It's fine, people do it all the time." She said as I opened the door for her and followed her out.

She sat down on the front step and I sat next to her.

"So, what's up?" I asked rubbing my hand not knowing which direction this conversation was planning on going.

She pulled out her journal.

"I don't have the memories that your Nora did." She started.

I sucked in a breath and decided this conversation was not going the way I wanted it to.

"But she is apart of me, her memories aren't but the feelings are. I know we have some cosmic connection like mom and dad and that would be the only explanation for it to travel across timelines." Nora said to me.

Ope, the conversation suddenly flipped again.

She flipped her journal open. "For as long as I can remember, I've had this picture of us. A memory that isn't mine, but a feeling that is."

"You didn't know about it and you kept it?" I asked her.

"Of course I did, the other Nora left it in there for a reason because the journal is immune to timeline changes." Nora said to me. "I looked at this picture everyday, hoping maybe one day I'd get those memories like I had gotten the feelings."

"Even if you would never see me again?" I asked her.

She smiled at looked at me. "That's just it, Lukas. I got to see you everyday. Somehow, someway in my original timeline you were there. With me, and Bart. The age you are now but after we changed the future, the memories of that are gone. Just the feeling. I know you were there."

"That doesn't make any sense." I said standing up. "Barry would never let me go to the future and stay there. I would risk everything, risk causing another flash point."

"Like I said, I don't know how but somehow you were there." Nora said standing up next to me.

We stood in an awkward and unexplainable silence before I finally broke the silence.

"I think this belongs to you." I said pulling the Velocity out of my pocket and folding her hands over it.

She shook her head. "It's yours. There's no one we would trust it more with. Should you ever need it again, it's there Tachyon." She put the vial back in my hand and I slowly returned it to my jacket pocket.