Chapter Nineteen- Not Over Yet

"So, how did you bring Thawne back?" Caitlin asked after everyone had changed and regrouped back inside the cortex.

"Well, the speed force did it. By connecting with the negative side, which is pretty dangerous." Iris said. "So with Barry occupied, I was the perfect choice to anchor the Speed Force."

"Wait, tapping into the negative speed force. Do I even know who you guys are?" Nora asked.

I raised my eyebrows from where I was standing between her and Bart.

"Seriously, do you really wanna go there?" I asked her earning a chuckle from everyone else. "I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you did two years ago."

Nora glared at me. "That wasn't me."

"Okay, but why Thawne?" Bart asked. "Why not just ask us to come help instead."

"Sometimes, what makes the speedster dangerous isn't just speed." Barry started.

"It's having no limits on how they use it." Jay continued.

"Right. Godspeed has no limits. But Thawne, his one limit is he can't let anyone else kill me." Barry said to him. "That's why I knew he'd turn on me the first chance he got."

"But Dad, Thawne's still out there." Nora said scared.

"Yeah, and he'll be back someday, but that's future us problem." He said to Iris and the rest of the team.

"What about August Heart?" Jay asked.

"He's in Iron Heights now."

"But Barry. He knows your real identity. What if he talks?" Jay said once again considering all his options.

"Luckily, he's a speedster. So Speed Force Nora was able to remove that from his memory."

Caitlin smiled. "It's finally over."

"Thank god, I could use some sleep." Thea complained.

"Can we eat now? I'm starving." Bart said.

"Family dinner tonight? On dad." Barry replied smiling. Nora looked over at Barry with a look on her face that Barry understood.

"Lukas, will you be joining us?" He asked. "I'll get us a reservation."

I looked down at my feet and waved my hand. "I have some stuff to get done." Jay looked at me knowingly and Nora just looked upset at my answer. "But thanks." I said as Caitlin and Thea followed me to the medical room.

***
"Are you sure you want to do this?" Caitlin asked as she inserted the vial into the syringe.

I took a deep breath, a part of me wanted to keep my speed. Reassurance that I would always be fast enough to help.

To help the people that I was too slow before.

But deep down, I knew I had to give it up.

Tachyon would always be apart of me, and it's a moment in time that I would never forget but I had a mission to finish.

And I needed to do it as the Spider.

I looked at Thea who nodded at me.

Over the last few days of us being back in Central City, she knew that I was still in love with Nora even if it wasn't my Nora, it felt like it was and I couldn't change that. Not for anyone.

If Thea had felt anything for me, it was gone.

Caitlin monitored my vials as she put the syringe in my arm, I slowly felt the drug and the speed force leave my body and a slow tear fell down my cheek as it did.

Caitlin removed the vial that was now filled with blue liquid and put it in my hand.

"Good luck." She said to me. "We still have a lot of work to do."

***
Nora wandered through the back of S.T.A.R Labs into the vault where all of the extra equipment, Cisco's inventions and Flash's trophies they had collected over the years.

She rubbed her hands along the archives dusting off nameplates.

"Whatcha doing?" Bart whispered in her ear causing her to jump and scream. She turned around and slapped his arm.

"Bart." She hissed. "What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Looking for something." She hissed at him.

"Can I look too?" He asked curious.

"Only if you can keep your mouth shut." She replied as they turned the corner.

"Oh, oh!" Bart said excited. "Is it about him? Are you going to tell him?"

"No." Nora said. "He'll find out eventually but if we're going to stick around for awhile, it's better to just keep a secret."

Bart leaned against the shelf. "He's getting suspicious. You know he's going to ask."

"I promised him we will talk." Nora said as she pulled out her journal and flipped to the picture of her and Lukas smiling happily together. "And we will."

"I think that's the first time I've seen you take the journal out since you got here." Bart said to her.

"That's because he's actually here. I can actually see him with my eyes." Nora said turning to him with tears in her eyes. "I can feel him Bart, the other Nora is apart of me and a piece buried inside of me can feel the connection we had."

Bart looked shocked seeing his sister cry in front of him. She was supposed to be the strong one.

"I don't even know if he's alive anymore after Quantum took him." She sobbed into her hands.

"Hey, we changed that remember."

"Did we?" Nora asked as she rubbed her eyes and continued searching for what she had been searching for. "We changed the future, Bart. The memories I have of him in the future died when we beat Godspeed. It's like he was never there with us. Think. Can you think of a memory with him?"

Bart shook his head. "No, I just know that he was there."

Nora cocked her head. "Exactly, we changed the future. We just won't know how until we get back." She said sliding her finger down the boxes. "But for now, I need to dig something up."

She said pulling out the box she had been looking for.

She wiped her finger off the label and showed it to Bart who widened his eyes.

"You're seriously going to do this aren't you?" Bart said to her as she placed the box full of broken parts on the table.

"Bart, the memories I have of him from the future are gone. The feelings that I have about him from the other Nora are still there. It's not a coincidence." She said to him.

"You're my big sis, I got your back no matter what." Bart said squeezing her hand. "Just don't get hurt. Come on, we got a dinner to get to."

Nora and Bart sped away with the box in her hands as she rushed it back into the room she had taken over at Barry's place and set the box on the table.

The box was abbreviated with three letters.

M.M.R