Chapter Twenty Five- Second Chance

In a flash I was dropped off at Barry's apartment door. Bart opened the door for me and nodded before disappearing in a streak of yellow again.

I opened the door to find an empty apartment.

"Nora!" I yelled through the apartment.

"Be right there!" I heard her yell back as stuff clashed inside of her room sounding like she had been frantically putting stuff away.

I looked around the apartment and saw that I had made one of the pictures with me, Barry, Iris, Cisco, and Caitlin before I had left Central City. Last time I had been in this apartment, alone with Nora, I hadn't been in any of the pictures.

A door creaked open and soft feet echoed on the wooden floor.

Nora limped in the living room wearing a short black pair of shorts and a black crop top.

I looked her up and down causing her to blush. "Woah." I said quietly.

"Lukas stop, I woke up like an hour ago." She said to me.

I rolled my eyes and jumped over the couch landing softly on the cushion before grabbing the remote and turning the tv on.

I handed the remote to Nora and she scrolled through the channels until she found something she liked before turning it on and sitting next to me on the couch.

"Can I ask you a question?" She asked me. "About the other Nora?"

I took a shaky breath and took a couple moments to myself.

Nora pursued her lips as I felt her eyes examining my face. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring it up." She said quietly.

I waved her off. "No, it's okay. Go ahead."

"In her journal." Nora flipped it open and pushed the picture of us to the side as she traced her finger down the futuristic writing. "It says here 'Lukas, in my final moments with you I've realized. I may not be your soulmate but you'll always be mine." Nora read.

A tear slowly fell down my face before Nora continued.

"Before she died, were you guys together?"

I shook my head. "No, I didn't know the other Nora was from the future. She never told me, it felt like our whole relationship had been built upon a lie." I said to her.

"Barry being angry with her for working with a Thawne and our breakup drew her to the negative speedforce, which you already know." I said to her.

Nora's face fell. "She left the break up out. If she wasn't your soulmate then why do I feel such a strong connection with you?"

"My best guess is that she was writing how she was feeling at the time. Unlikely that she knew there would be another you, at least another you in this timeline." I said to her.

She nodded and laid her head on my shoulder after putting her notebook on the coffee table. "I guess that makes sense."

"It's not everyday people get a second chance at this." I said to her. "I'm not going to waste it."

I felt her smile against my arm.

"How's your back feeling by the way?" I asked her.

She shrugged. "It's okay I guess, using my speed hurts but otherwise when I'm walking around it's normal."

"You'll be back out there in no time but while you're out of the field, I don't suppose I could convince you to go on a date with me." I said to her.

She looked up at me interested. 

"A real one this time."

She smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I'd like that."

A gust of wind entered the apartment as a boy slid next to me on the couch.

"Hey kids, leave room for Jesus." He said to us.

Nora sat up and slapped the back of his head around me. "Shut it, Bart."

"Okay, well Nora is currently benched Dad partnered me up with you to take down our meta friends."

"What?" Nora said angrily. "Lukas is my partner. He has been for the last month since we beat Godspeed."

"Relax sis, it's just while you're benched I promise you I'll give your boyfriend back once you an run again." Bart said rolling his eyes. "Plus, it'll give me and my future brother in law some bonding time."

I rolled my eyes while Nora glared daggers at Bart and stood up to attack him.

Nora went to punch him but stumbled and winced in pain as she used her back muscles as Bart just used his speed to dodge the attack.

"Woah." I said stabilizing and Nora and helping her back to the couch. "Stop fighting." I said to them.

"She started it." Bart said.

Oh my god. These two were actually children, one was twenty six and the other was nineteen but they fought like children.

"I did not." Nora said sticking her tongue out at him.

You gotta be kidding me right now.

"You guys can fight when it's fair." I said to them.

Bart rolled in his eyes before disappearing into his room.

"I'm sorry about that." Nora said. "He's rather impulsive."

I laughed. "Trust me, I know."

Nora grabbed my hand. "Luke, I want you to know how serious I am about this. About you. About us. There's gotta be a way for us to workout, through anything. I can feel it."

I looked at her and smiled. "I really hope so, but I'm worried about the Hunter. It's been a month and still nothing am I missing something."

"Sometimes, you just have to wait." Nora said to me.

I nodded. "I know, but my family is going to be in town next month and I really don't want them in any danger. Especially with my partner out of the field."

Nora's face paled. "Your family is coming?"

"Yeah, next month."

"Lukas, that's a little last minute. I have to prepare to have a good first impression." She said to me. "Hopefully I have my speed back in time."

An explosion ripped through the air nearly shattering the windows.

I stood up, my spider sense were going crazy.

I turned to Nora.

"Go."