Chapter Twenty Nine- An Awkward Dinner

A knock ripped at my door.

"Lukas." A muffled voice on the other side yelled.

Another knock exploded as I rubbed my eyes adjusting to light shining in through my window.

"Lukas." The voice said again. "Time to wake up."

The door opened and Thea stood in the doorway ready for the day.

"What do you want?" I started. "It's Saturday." I groaned falling back into my pillow and closing my eyes.

"No, no, no. This is not happening." Thea stormed over and attempted to dump a glass of cold water on me, which due to my spider sense, I avoided with ease.

"Missed me." I said sticking out my tongue.

Thea scowled and crossed her arms. "Your father and your sister are going to be here in under an hour, you need to get your ass out of bed."

Panic ripped through my body as I shot out of bed and flipped into my bathroom.

I quickly shut the door and took a shower so fast it would make Barry jealous.

I had completely forgotten my parents were coming. I quickly checked my face in the mirror, boy, my hair was getting long.

"Car chase in progress, Jefferson and Broadway. Can you get it? Silence on the speedsters." A message from Chester appeared on my phone.

I rolled my eyes as I shot back a text.

"On it." I said grabbed my spider and mask off my nightstand.

I ran into the kitchen grabbed a slice of toast that Thea had made for herself.

"Hey." She said to me. "That was mine."

I shoved the piece of toast into my mouth.

"Sorry, gotta swing." I said as I used my webs to pull open the window. I jumped through and fell towards the street as I pulled the mask over my head and felt my new blue and red suit fold over my body.

The gps in my suit guided me to the best route to intercept the car.

"Hey Chuck." I said into my comms as I backflipped. "Do you have surveillance access to the city cameras?" I asked as I pulled tension on a web and ran sideways on a building.

"Uh, yeah, why?" He replied.

"Get ready." I said as I flipped into the air and did a pose laying on my side with my hand under my head. "Now." I said I as I fell passed the camera.

"Screenshot." Chester said laughing.

"Seriously?" Allegra's voice said through comms. "People are in danger and you're taking screenshots?"

"Uh oh, mom and dad are fighting." I said jokingly as I turned right down Youngstown.

"Shut it, Lukas." Allegra said as I made another turn onto Loveland.

"What are you two doing in the cortex? Alone? On a Saturday?" I asked joking again.

"Don't worry about it, just catch that car." Allegra growled back through the mic.

"Hey Chuck, do me a favor and post that on my 'CCWallCrawler' Twitter page. Thanks." I said as I zipped around a corner onto Jefferson now being right above the speeding car being trailed by multiple police cars.

"Already on it, Spidey." He said back as I webbed the sides of multiple buildings hoping to use them as support as I landed hard on the cars hood and dug my heels in.