Chapter 4- Hero Studies

My alarm goes off as I get up and I begin to get dressed. Once finished I go down stairs, when I see Mom, who is smiling at me as she sets a plate down full of eggs and bacon at the table. Sitting on the opposite side of the table she motions for me to come sit where she set the plate.

"Come eat some breakfast, (N/N)." Mom states and I walk over and then sit down. However look up at her with a look of concern.

"Mom you didn't push yourself to get up... Instead of sleeping in, did you? I ask.

"Actually, I woke up about an hour ago and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and began to cook, since you're always cooking for yourself. I thought it would be nice to give you a break... Since you probably are already having a lot of stress from school." Mom answers with a hint of concern in her voice. "She probably did wake up early to make breakfast because she felt bad about missing my first day yesterday... However I won't pry anymore and make her upset." I think as I pick up my fork as I smile up at her.

"Thank you, Mom." I thank as I then begin to eat. Once, I'm done eating I walk over and wash out my plate and start heading to the door as Mom follows after me. I bend down and begin putting my shoes on.

"Have a good day at school, honey." Mom states as I look back at her. Suddenly, I jump into her arms and she wraps her arms around me.

"Don't worry, Mom... Thank you." I thank her once more as I let go and so does she. I smile at her as I walk over to the door and open it. I take one last glance at Mom to see her expression filled with mixed emotions and I then walk out the door, while closing it behind me and begin walking to school. "What was that expression for? She seemed more worried than usual like something happened... Maybe she's just overworked-"

"Did I just run into a wall?" I ask interrupting my thoughts, while popping back into reality to see someone's back in front of me. I look up to see Kacchan looking over his shoulder at me. "Crap... Does he live close by if I'm running into him now?" I wonder as he turns to completely face me, however he looked sad if he was in deep in thought. Suddenly, he steps closer to me and stares me in the eyes and I felt my heart begin to speed up.

"You called me what that... Stupid nerd calls me at the Entrance Exam, didn't you?!" Bakugo exclaims, sounding a little pissed. "What the hell do I say to that?!" I think as I begin to freak out, but I didn't let it show on my face. Suddenly, I calmly step closer to him and stared back up at him.

"Yeah... I called you, Kacchan. What of it?" I ask with little to no emotion and we stayed there for a moment. Backing up with a bit of discomfort showing on his face, Kacchan grunts.

"Let's just get going or we'll be late, Ice Queen." Kacchan answers as he turns around and begins to walk away.

"Okay!" I chirp as I rush over to his side and he stares at me for a moment. A smile appears on my face as I'm looking back up at him, but he quickly turns. "What's up with him?" I wonder as we continue to walk to school.

"Good morning, you two!" I hear a familiar voice greet and I look over to see it was Sero, who was already with Kirishima as they walk up to us.

"Good morning, Kirishima and Sero." I greet back.

"Yeah, Morning Amari and Bakugo." Kirishima smiles as both him and Sero walk to the other side of Bakugo.

You both can just call me (Y/N). I'm not too big on honorifics." I declare and they all look at each other in silence, as we continued walking to school. Kacchan, suddenly smirks as he looks over at me.

"Still calling you, Ice Queen." Kacchan insists and a mischievous smile appears on my face.

"I guess you don't mind me calling you Kacchan then." I jibed as we both glare at each other. I look over to see we had arrived at the School Gate, but spot a green haired boy. "Well, I'm gonna run ahead Kacchan. You boys have fun!" I call out as I look over at Kacchan, who is obviously annoyed by the nickname. I turn away from them and run over to Deku and put a hand on his shoulder causing him to jump.