Chapter 12- Secrets Revealed

Today is the end of our short but invaluable internships. Right now I am bowing to Miss Tigress and thanking her for taking me on. Miss Tigress embraces me as she does when she gets excited, which I have gotten pretty used to.

"This week has been a blessing my little cub, I hope you will succeed in your goal. I'll be rooting for you. Come by and visit me any time." Miss Tigress declares with a bright smile, while releasing me from her suffocating embrace.

"Thank you again, Miss Tigress for all your guidance and support. I look forward to meeting and hopefully work alongside you again in the future." I state with a slight smile, but then my train pulls up.

"Make me proud, little cub!" Miss Tigress calls out as I am getting on the train causing me to quickly turn to her while widening my eyes. Before I realized it I was smiling brightly and waving to her until the doors shut causing me to pop back into reality. "Why did I suddenly do that...? Maybe it's because she reminds me a lot of Mom." I think as I then walk over and take a seat, looking out the window. "First things first, getting to the bottom of what Father and Riku are hiding." I think as I ball my hands into fists.

(To Midoriya)

Both Gran Torino and Midoriya are standing outside.

"I know I wasn't here long, but thanks for everything." Deku thanks, while looking up at Gran Torino.

"I don't think there's any reason for you to thank me, I wasn't around when the really big stuff happened." Gran Torino insists tiredly.

"Sure but the only reason I was able to stand up against Stain at all was because of our sparring and your wise instruction-" Deku was interrupted by Gran Torino hitting him in the ankle with his cane. "Ow, Ow, Ow!" Deku sounds.

"You survived yes, but only because of 2 factors. (N/N) came at the right moment and that the Hero Killer let you. Well at least you learned to channel your power instead of relying on one Monster Smash, even though you managed to get a stress fracture on your arm. I know what happened... You went well over your limit. I thought we agreed you were ily supposed to use 5%. You're too impatient and when you lose focus, you lose control too. You must always be calm and alert. I'm sure you know this, but if you're really aiming to become the greatest Hero like All Might then you've still got a heck of a lot to learn boy, so keep at it. Oh, also a piece of advice, try getting pointers from (Y/N) rather then All Might, but I don't think she'll hand them over easily if you catch my drift." Gran Torino explains.

"Sir!" Deku responds.

"Well, see you around." Gran Torino states, while heading into his house.

"Wait, I've got a question. Please, just one more." Deku pleads causing Gran Torino to look back at him. "I've been wondering for a while, but never found a good time to ask. But now's not the best time either, but here I am..." Deku begins to mumble.

"Out with it now. I've got pastries to eat!" Gran Torino declares.

"Even though you're really strong and you trained the Number 1 Hero in the world yourself, no one knows you. You should be super famous, but you're not. Is there a specific reason for that or what?" Deku asks.

"Oh that's an easy one. I was just never that interested in working as a Pro Hero." Gran Torino answers.

"What!?" Deku exclaims.

"There was a point in my past when I needed to be able to use my quirk freely without limits. That's the only reason I got my license. It might be better to hear this from Toshi- All Might, I mean. He can explain everything better than me." Gran Torino insists.