Chapter 32 Rescue Exercise

"There's only one more round to the exam. Your goal is simple: undertake rescue exercises and save the bystanders who are trapped in the disaster sites." Mera announces as Deku and I both stared at the screen.

"A rescue mission." Deku and I chorus as Denki and Mineta put on confused expressions.

"Save the what now?" Denki and Mineta chorus causing Toru to turn to them.

"Bystanders. We learned about them in class, remember? They're people at a disaster scene." Toru informs as she points at the screen causing Momo to look over as well.

"It can also simply refer to innocent citizens on the street." Momo adds. "They'd both know that if they didn't slack off so much in class..." I think as I let slight chuckle.

"Use this time to show us how you will carry out successful rescue procedures once you receive your Provisional Licenses. Treat this as though it were the real thing." Mera announces as I put on a serious expression. "I don't have much experience in rescuing, but I'm definitely not gonna back down." I think as I stare at the screen along with everyone else.

"Rescuing..." Deku trails off.

"On the screen." Shoji points out causing Sato to walk over to him and then gasp.

"Little kids and old people?!" Sato exclaims.

"That's so dangerous. Why're they here?!" Mineta exclaims as well.

"These specialists have been trained as professional persons in need of rescue. They're very popular. Introducing the Help Us Company, also known as HUC for short." Mera announces nods as I close my eyes for a moment. I figured they wouldn't put ordinary people there seeing as this is a test and they could really get hurt." I think as I open my eyes, while hearing my classmates talking around me.

"So, they're basically actors, I guess?" Sero asks.

"It's the kind of job you never think about." Tsu answers as Ojiro looks over at them.

"But a necessary one in our world, since they support our Hero training." Ojiro insists.

"The HUC bystanders have dressed up like injured victims and will be located throughout the disaster site. We'll be judging how well you keep them safe as you go about your mission. Oh by the way. We'll be scoring you on a point system. If you have more points than the benchmark at the time the exercise comes to an end, then you pass the exam. We'll start in ten minutes. Take care of any necessary preparations now." Mera announces.

"What a pain..." (B/N) trails off with an annoyed expression as I look over at him to see Tenya walk over to Deku.

"This looks familiar." Tenya states and Deku nods.

"It's like Kamino Ward. I wonder if they based it off that." Deku wonders as I glance back over to the screen causing flashbacks to the damage I saw. "They probably did..." I think as Tenya's voice brings me out of my flashback.

"It's true that the situations are similar. But our only goal then was to rescue Bakugo from the Villains. We let the Pros handle search and recovery and you'll recall, there were many casualties." Tenya reminds causing me to grit my teeth. "Father is known for saving a hundred people at one time... I won't lose to him!" I think with a slight smirk.

"Not this time." Deku and I chorus with furrowed brows.

"You two are certainly worked up." (B/N) yawns as I look over at him, only to see Denki, Sero and Mineta at the corner of my eyes. "What are those guys staring at?" I wonder as I look in the direction the boys were staring at to see the brown haired girl Cami from Shuketsu High.