57.

*Unedited*

Aaron was considering life again.

Because he was sitting in front of a sorry excuse of man, whose name is Nathan Khurana, yes, the one and only Mr. Khurana whose daughter ran away on the day of her marriage, and then he changed the bride without telling the groom and continued with the ceremony for the sake of a business contract.

A contract with which he was tempering now.

"Mr. Khurana, You are an unbelievable man," Aaron said in the coldest way possible. "I had found out that you have been fluctuating the prices of shares of my company through backdoor sources, which rendered me in loss of billions. Can you tell me one reason why I did not consider this as the breach of the contract, we signed."

"I believe you have got the wrong information. I was not trying to manipulate the figures. It was just a market experiment gone wrong." Mr. Nathan said with a huge smile not even flinching at the blatant lie.

"Mr. Nathan that is a lie, you and me, we both know that. This is my last warning to you. Do not experiment with shares of my company. Or simply consider the contract between us null and void." Aaron said coldly and calmly. He did not have the energy to waste on people who were renegades. He had wasted valuable two months on finding the reason for the crash of his shares and his irritation when he found it.

But he would not consider it even a mini discomfort, because this man is simply not worth it.

Before Mr. Khurana could say anything Aaron continued without even looking at the man, his eyes skimming on figures of the file beneath him. "I believe I had made myself clear to you Mr. Nathan. You can now dismiss yourself."

He did not look up to see the expression on the man's face as he stood up and left his office. He sighed and hoped, annoyance like this would not make themselves known again, soon.

He immersed himself in the work, knowing that it would take at least six months to recover the losses of the company. Before that, he would not have enough time to breathe, but he noted in his mind that he has to call Mia regularly, as regularly as possible because she was his priority, even before breathing.

It was lunchtime when his best friend Ethan invaded his office, perching his ass on the couch before addressing Aaron with a gleeful smile, "Hey dude, wanna go for lunch at RFC. I heard they are the best restaurants here."

Aaron rolled his eyes. Yes, Ethan was an annoyance too. But in a good way. He lifted his mood with his cheerful presence and make comments that amuse Aaron. And he was a brother Aaron actually grew up with, unlike his siblings.

"Don't you have any work, Mate? Or just to annoy me is simply your job?" Aaron asked fully knowing the answer.

"Am I excelling!!!" Ethan exclaimed loudly and Aaron shot him a look, and he continued, "Oh boy, I am." He was so full of himself, Aaron chuckled mentally. "Come on bro, If you won't, then I have to tell bhabhi that you are not taking care of yourself."

"You don't have to do that." Ethan only had met Mia once when he and some other colleagues had came to Mumbai for an important meeting. But Aaron knew that Ethan has Mia's contact and he will so not hesitate to call her. Ethan smirked when Aaron closed the files and turn off the computer and stood up, rolling his shoulder.

He didn't realise but work his weighing him down and that was visible on his physical features. Ethan had a concerned look when he took in his best friend's weary frame but didn't comments on it.

When they were halfway down the hall, they met Aaron's Uncle Shyam Khurana, who was also coming to see Aaron. They hugged each other.
Uncle Shyam was the person Aaron lived with in New York till he was eighteen. But Aaron had his heart attached more with his Uncle than his father.

Shyamji scolded Aaron while taking in his ransacked look and also for not going to meet him as soon as he landed in NY.

Aaron apologized for his behaviour quickly giving his almost innocent look, while Shyam ji didn't fall for his charming tektics, he forgave him, as he was his only precious son. Aaron asked his uncle to join Ethan and him and they made their way to the restaurant for lunch. His tensions temporarily forgotten after seeing his beloved Uncle.

Uncle Shyam and his wife Geeta were married for 16 years but they never had their own children and when Aaron was 15, his Aunt had passed away.
He and his uncle was very devastated that time. But then their relationship evolved and then he became his guardian, his friend, his superhero. Everything.

And, Now he was telling his uncle that how he was been so far. He told his uncle about Mia. While, Shyam ji knew about what his father did in the marriage, he didn't knew that Mia was not like any other girl, and after hearing Aaron talk about Mia, he was hundred percent sure that Mia was unique.

He told Aaron that he wanted to meet Mia in person.

And Aaron promised, that whenever Mia will be ready to come to New York. He would be the first person to meet her.

*****

Hey fellas!

Hope you like this chapter!

Please comment and vote.

And Enjoy:-)

*****