79.

Aaron was restless. He needed to seek out his brother and know how he was? He needed to apologise and he needed to see that his brother do not hate him for not saving Arnav from all that has been happened to him.

He hated himself whenever the crushed and broken image of his brother come in front of his eyes. Aaron knows he would never be able to forgive himself but he has to be there for his brother now.

When even after two days Arnav didn't came out of his room, Aaron went to talk to him. He want to give his brother time but he also wanted to see how his brother was doing.

Aaron knocked on his door and Arnav didn't open the door. It was so silent that anyone could think that there was no one inside the room. But Aaron knows that his brother had seek refuge in this dingy corner of the house.

"Chhote. Please open the door. You don't have to say anything. I just want to see you." Aaron said slowly trying to coax his brother to come out. He got silence in the answer.

"Please Chhote, listen to your Bhai once." When nothing happened Aaron tried more firmly, "If you don't open the door, I will come to know that you are really angry at me and that you hate me." He waited few seconds but nothing happened. With a sigh of defeat when he turn around to leave that lock clicked open but the door t the mess of the room and his brother who was standing at the edge of the bed. Aaron closed the door behind him plunging the room into darkness again.

After some moment his eyes adjusted to darkness.
"I am really sorry-," Aaron started but was interrupted by the bear hug Arnav engulfed him in.
His brother was crying. Aaron reciprocated the hug.
He was glad that Arnav was seeking his touch because Aaron knows how difficult it was for Arnav to let anybody touch him.

"I am sorry, bhaiya. I was not able to save you." Arnav said hiccuping.

"Shh. Nothing is your fault okay. Let me see you. I want to see if you are okay or not. Only your well being matters to me, your health, your happiness and nothing else. Do you hear me?" Aaron led him to the bed and made him sit still hugging him.
Arnav only nodded his head saying nothing.
"You don't have to explain to me anything. I just can't see you like this. I am also guilty of not taking care of you. For not knowing about what was happening to you."

"Don't blame yourself. I wasn't able to tell you the truth. But one day I will. Please don't hate me, bhaiya." Arnav whispered in silence. He sounded so broken, Aaron eyes filled with tears.

"I will never hate you chhote. You are my beloved brother. I will always love you and I promise to protect you from now on." Aaron said determinately.

They sat there for sometimes. Hours passed. Aaron thought that Arnav has fallen asleep, as it was dark he wasn't able to see. But then Arnav left his arms and complained, "I am hungry, bhaiya."

A small smile formed on Aaron's face. "I will come with some food." He replied and stood up, he opened the door halfway and light flooded the dark room slowly. Arnav was still in the dark. As Aaron was going to close the door Arnav stepped into the light, "I will come with you." He said coming out of the room.

Arnav's look was dishevelled. His hair was unkept, his eyes was red, tears stricken was his face. But he had a small smile and a light in his eyes and Aaron heart swelled at seeing that.

"I am proud of you Arnav. You are so strong." Aaron said while trying to tame his brother's wild hair.

Arnav eyes filled with tears listening to him but he still smiled and joked, "And here I thought, Arav bhai was the mother hen!"

*

When they reached the dining table, everyone was suprised but happy. Arav had stood like a statue seeing Arnav and it was Arnav's hug which brought him out of that state. Arav smiled wide and hugged his brother and didn't leave him until he was satisfied that Arnav was alright. He also tried to tame Arnav's hair and Arnav groaned at that and everyone chuckled.

It was true. Arav was like a mother between the three of them. He was more sensitive, caring, smiling person. He hadn't smiled in a while. So, Aaron was quite happy to see his wide smile back.

He went and hugged Mia from behind, who was arranging the plates on the dinner table.
"Hey!" Mia whispered wide eyed as his brother's and Manvi was present in the dining room and she was slight uncomfortable with PDA. But Aaron didn't mind so he continued hugging her. "Aaron I have work." Mia mumbled looking at him.

"I am happy, right now." Aaron said looking at his brothers. He wanted to stop the time at this moment.

"I am happy too." Mia replied slowly and smiled at him. She realised this is the moment she has been imagining from a long time.

Their mother came downstairs and saw this scene.
She came at stood at the front of the dining table. Arnav saw her and went to hug her. "Maa." He whispered brokenly. She consoled him by petting his back, with tears in her eyes. "Mera beta." She said lovingly.

Arav came and stood beside Manvi, taking her hand in his. Manvi looked at him and smiled, which he returned back.

"We also want a hug." Arav said after a moment.
Their mother gestured him to come closer. Arav and Manvi hugged her. She looked at Mia and Aaron and they also understood and joined them forming a big group hug. Their mother giggled at blessed all of them.

"I am so blessed to have each one of you." She said after they all separated.

Everyone thought the same, in their heart!

*****

Please do comment and tell how do you find this chapter.

I want to ask, Is anyone interested in Arnav's story because he has one? And if I get support i will write a spin-off as his book.

But I need to know that readers are interested or not because without your support it would be very hard to write his story.

That all for now!

Enjoy reading!