13.

*Unedited*

"There's a party," Aaron said out of nowhere.

"Party?" Mia asked confusedly.

"Yeah, reception party, Our. reception. Party." He drawled every word carefully and focused intently on Mia for her reaction.

She went still for a second and then nervously asked Why.

"Because my father wants to introduce you to our business circle and get over the situation of Sophia."He stated unfocused as remembering the memory of the talk.

"But you said, what we have is temporary. So why this?"

"Yes, it is. But for one year we have to act as a couple. This marriage is also a business-contract, that couldn't breach for one year."

"I don't know about any contract. What are you talking about?" Her voice raised slightly to hide her coming panic. Aaron raised an eyebrow at her and laughed humourlessly.

"I didn't know that you were my bride." He commented sarcastically and then added, "Sophia had known about the contract and its terms, it not my fault you agreed without knowing about it. And which left us with a question, Why you agreed to this marriage?" His eyes focused again on Mia.

Mia fidgeted, she now, she did because she was told to, there was no other reason. Would he believe it?

"I-I just agreed, I have to, for family." Her voice sounded defeated in her ears.

"Just agreed, and you didn't know about the contract, isn't that great." He sarcastically said before adding,
"There's nothing more in that except this marriage will strengthen the business relationship between Khuranas and Rathores." His gaze was far-focused when he spoke.

"So, from starting, this marriage was nothing but a business deal," Mia said absent-mindedly but when a look of sadness crossed Aaron's face she regretted the choice of words.

He masked the expression as soon as it came. And turning towards Mia, penetrating straight with his deep blues he replied emotionlessly, "Business deal, Yes. And you are a part of it now. So it is better for you if you cooperate and we could get over with it."

"What did I have to do?" She asked.

"Not you, we, we have to act, in front of my business associates, in the party, as a couple."

"Like a couple in LOVE." He added.

*****