73.

*Unedited*

She tried to compose herself as she waited outside the hospital room.

Only two people were allowed inside and her mother-in law and Manvi were already inside. She took her time getting here. With all her emotions out of place and happiness and relief being prominent in them, this moment she was waiting for.

From what Arav told her, no one told him how much time had passed, he remembers about the accident and that's that. Everyone was hoping if she would disclose the news it would be a less of a shock for him. But Mia was not ready to talk about all the lost time. She was just looking forward to seeing and hearing her love, and for him to be healthy and happy, that's all she want.

"Mia," Meera Ma called her as she exited. Mia stood up and was instantly engulfed in a hug by Meera Ma followed by Manvi. They were crying but also held great releif in their eyes. "Jao Beta, tumhara intezar kar rha h, mil lo."

Mia smiled at her phrasing. It sounded ironic.

Her heart was thudding wildly, but she tried to remain calm. No one can describe how important that moment was to her. Nothing she can say or do to express the intensity of her emotions. Sometimes, she wished for magic in her life, to guide her in these moments of miracles, to give colour to her feelings in the rays of sun.

Even then it would be not more beautiful than the scene of Aaron sitting, seeing and smiling at her. It warmed her heart. She walked slowly, a smile on her face and unshed tears in her eyes.

It's been ages since she gazed into deep pools of blue, that his eyes were. She got lost in them, it felt like being pulled into a dream, her hands moved her own, her first touch was hesitant, she didn't want it to be a dream.

How many times she dreamt of Aaron waking up? To be felt heart broken when it was over.

The thought brought some tears to her eyes. She bit her lip, she didn't said anything and thankfully nor did Aaron, as her fingers grazed just beneath his eyes, she could not see beyond them.

"Your eyes are beautiful." She gently whispered looking directly into them, just a breath away.

When they have gotten so close.

Mia thought before pulling Aaron into a hug. Her touch went urgent as she her hands roamed his back. "I hate you." She whispered into his chest.
"I hate you so much."

"You have a weird way of declaring your love, my love." Aaron teased her. He laughed at her misery but Mia didn't mind. She missed his laughter, she missed his teasing. She missed him.

"Aaron, you had scared me. I was so afraid." So alone. She looked into his eyes. "I thought you were going to leave me." Her voice broke a little.

He took her face in his hands and wiped her tears.
"I am sorry princess, for scaring you. I should have been more careful." He said truthfully. A serious look on his face seeing his wife distraught. He never wanted to cause her pain.

"I am not going anywhere." He said before kissing her. His lips on her lips felt like heaven. Like it rained on a soil barren for years. Her tears did not cease, as she kissed him back, pouring all the locked feeling into the kiss, her despair, her grief, her love, her longing.

When he broke away, she pulled him close. He was more needed than the next breathe.

Her resolve ended with the kiss. She hide her face in his chest as she let out a choked whimper. He was here, she reminded herself, sobbing lightly. She want to be strong this once but she was not strong.

"Mia." Aaron said lovingly as his hands smoothed her back. She took deep breaths to calm herself and just hugged him more. She felt herself relaxing, tension leaving her body as her mind focused on his touch, on the feeling of being held by him.

"I will not let you go anywhere. You are not allowed to leave my sight." She said pulling away with a pout. She wiped her tears. His eyes were breathtaking, he smiled.

"As you wish, my wife." Two-three more tears escaped hearing him call her his wife.

"You are making me cry." She said with a teary smile. He pulled her close and kissed her tears. Mia closed her eyes feeling his lips on them. She revelled in the feeling of being loved again. He chased away with every kiss, the coldness that had settled in her bones, and replaced it with his warmth.

She could never lose him again. God please, have mercy.

"Better?" He asked softly. Mia hummed in response.
She buried her face in his neck and so did he. She took a deep breath. "I had missed you." She mumbled into his ear.

He tightened his hug putting a little kiss on her neck. They pulled away.

"How are you feeling?" He chuckled and Mia got embarrassed. Might have asked that question before getting all over him.

"How I am supposed to feel when my wife says she hate me?" He asked with a teasing smile. He didn't moved but why Mia felt that he was pulling her close.

"Aaron, don't tease me." She said seriously but her words didn't have any resolve. "I do hate you."

"Lie." Aaron remarked.

"Aaron please." Mia sighed.

"Give me your truth and I will give you mine." The intensity in Aaron's gaze burned Mia's soul. He did want to hear her say the words. So did she. Mia felt so vulnerable. The truth was so vulnerable.

"I love you. I love you so much that it hurts Aaron. That is my truth." But vulnerable was safe when she was with him. It means love, it means life. It hurts, but she was so glad, to be with him. Her throat felt dry when she finished. She caused a flame to burn in his eyes.

"Mia." He breathed. "Every time I hear you say you love me, I live one more life. Thank you for loving me like that. You are my life Mia and that is my truth."

*****

Why am i crying a river?

Please comment if you liked the chapter :⁠-⁠)

Song- All my life by Karla Banoff.