78.

There was something special about men cooking breakfast in the morning.

Mia loved seeing Aaron cook and to see him again working in the kitchen was healing in some way. Mia could remember old times and smile at the memories again.

When they sat for breakfast, Arnav was not there. And the silence streched too deep but Mia was hopeful that things will be better from here on.

"Give him time." Mia consoled Aaron. She was going to office today for an important meeting which could not be held online because the investors wanted to meet in person to finalise the deal.

"I want to come with you today to the office." Aaron voiced when Mia was just leaving. "I have noticed that you have been very busy with work and that is my work and I want to see how are you handling things." Of course, Aaron just knows and Mia didn't had to tell him specifically that she was working in their company. She likes when Aaron would be observant like that and she didn't had to explain much.

"I am not very good at it." Mia said because she genuinely feel that sometimes. But she had learnt to look beyond that and just focus on the work without worrying about the results.

"Let me be the judge of that. I don't want you to put yourself down. And second, what I have been observing, you are really good at being the boss, my wife. I think it really suits you." Aaron said.

"Ok, you can come. And just because you have complimented me." Mia replied. She was excited for Aaron to come. She was just nervous for herself and her performance.

Mia thought she would feel anxious working when Aaron was there, but he has a knack for making her feel comfortable.

Their investors were suprised seeing Aaron and they expressed happiness for his recovery. The staff was rejoiced, it was an unplanned visit so no grand welcome as one would have imagined. But the hope and laughter didn't left vaccum for anything else.

Even when Aaron was centre of the spotlight, he managed to make himself fairly invisible when it was Mia's time to deliver. Mia was genuinely suprised by that. How could things get so simple when Aaron was around?

The meeting went well. Everyone was satisfied with how things turned out and how they would turn out in the future. Arav and Mia finalised the deal, so the day was a success.

"Not bad." Aaron said when Mia entered her office after the delegates took their leave.

"Yeah, the day was not bad at all. The deal is very good for our company. The investment will make our credit ratings go high and that's what we need." Mia sat on the guest chair because Aaron was sitting in the main chair.

"I was not talking about the deal, darling. I was talking about you and how you shined." Aaron complimented her and she smiled in return.

"Do you really think so?" Mia wanted to hear from him because genuinely all this time she didn't had real feedback on anything she did. Arav was too modest and too occupied to point out her mistakes.

"My wife." Aaron gazed intensely her before saying. "Come here." Mia's breath hitched hearing him say it like that. She stood up and went near him and he tugged her onto his lap. She kept her hand on his shoulder to maintain balance.

"What if somebody comes?" She asked.

"You tell me, wife. Do you allow someone inside your office without permission?" Aaron said as he nuzzled his neck and Mia shook his head at his question. "I am really grateful for you, Mia." Aaron said sincerely. "You only did not supported my family but also my business. I really thankful to god for giving me you in my life."

"We were all in this together and they are my family too." Mia replied. "And about business, I think I did it for you because I knew how much you had invested in your work. I didn't want that to go in vain. But Arav did everything, I just helped him. He too had a tough time Aaron without you. We all did."

"I will try to make it up to you, to all of you." Aaron said with determination and Mia knew without his words that he would do anything to make their lives better.

"You don't have to take any pressure. I did things out of my love for you." Mia kissed Aaron's cheek and then his neck.

"Can't let you outshine me in that department, my love." He smiled. "And here I thought you are afraid that someone will come." He said and kissed her on the lips until they were out of breath.

"Do you enjoy doing office work or do you want to go back to teaching? I want you to do what you love. Don't sacrifice that for me." Aaron said.

"I loved teaching and also because I knew what was expected of me and what I had to do. I was more comfortable teaching." Mia said. "But I don't mind working in the company also. Now that I have invested so much, I think I can invest some more. Plus, I will get to spend time with you. I want to make up for the time that we had lost. I don't want to chase anything that is not you." Mia straightened in Aaron's lap and kissed him sweetly on the lips. "I love you."

Aaron was speechless listening to her. He too wanted to give her back all that she had lost. He hoped that he can do justice to all the sacrifice she did for him. He pulled her close so that not even a breathe of space left between them. "Now wife, you won't have to chase me." He replied returning her kiss. "Because, we will be together, I promise."

*****