12.

*Unedited*

He stood there bewildered for a second, which he found he do alot in the presence of this girl.

Mia.

In a sudden snap he came to reality. He went past the spilled milk to the girl which was ridiculously apologizing now.

Which she seems to do that a lot.

"It's okay." he said and held her hands from wrists and guided them under the running tap water. She flinched when water touched first but then stilled.

Without meeting his eyes, she held her lower lip within her teeth and glanced at her hands. He gave a once over to her, blue she seems to wear a lot he realised.

Not again!

He couldn't have these feelings towards her,whatever they were.

"You told me you know how to cook?" He asked with slight accusation in his tone.

She drew back her hands from under the water and from his grasp, and he missed the feeling of soft skin against his hand instantly. She wiped her tears from the back of her hands and glanced at the mess then at him.

"I know" she hiccuped, "It was an accident."

She took a deep breath and added with wavering voice, "I will clean it up." And started searching for mop to clean the mess.

"No need." He said with certain authority and grabbed her hand and moved them out of the kitchen. She didn't resist.

"First, you need to clean yourself. Your dress is ruined and well your hands..." He trailed off as well his eyes and he ignored his body reaction.

"Yeah, but.." she glanced towards the kitchen.

"Leave it, someone will take care of that." He gently took her hands again, and settled her on the sofa.

He walked to a desk in the corner of the room and withdraw the first aid kit. He sat next to her with an anti-inflammatory cream in his hands.

She eyed that cream warily but didn't resist when he held her hands. She winced when his fingers brushed on the burns for applying the cream and he leaned down and gently blowed on it.

When he was done, he let her hands go. They sat there in silence for few minutes. Never meeting each other eyes.

"Are you always these accidental?" Aaron prompted, breaking the awkwardness.

"Not always." She replied meekly.

"Well, certainly didn't feel like that." He drawled.

She opened her mouth but he cut her before she could utter a word.

"Don't you dare apologize again. That irritates me."

"Ah, okay." She said glancing at him.

She sat there, unsure. When she saw fury in Aaron's gaze she actually braces himself for a scolding but that didn't came her way.

But she didn't know what to think of his little caring gestures either.

She hadn't met many men, but certainly she had met a man so calm and composed and handsome.

A man who captured her attention like that.

*****

Thank you guys for 1K reads.

Please vote and comment!