「Phase 96」Clashing Hearts

Saki brushed through her hair, trying it into her usual braid. It was yet another day at Celestial Academy, the school for idols that she attended. The sun was shining brightly and, well, everything was perfect!

Or at least, almost everything.

"Mizushima?" Saki said, staring at the tank before her with a strange look.

"Yeah?"

"I have many questions."

"About what?" Minori asked, looking up. Then, she smiled. "Oh! Isn't Susie-chan cute?"

"It has a name?!"

"Susan Chair."

Saki pulled a look of disgust. "Susan... Chair?!" she asked, staring at the snail before her, "That's not even a name!"

"Sure it is. Susan alone didn't feel complete, you know!"

"Then why chair? Actually - why is there a snail in here at all?!"

"I found her outside. I asked the school and they said it's fine since she's small," she explained, grinning.

"Couldn't you get a, I don't know, a dog or cat or fish or something?"

"Too big, too big and why get a fish when you can get a snail?"

"Because..." Saki muttered, turning her attention to the snail once more. So slow, so... slimy....

"Well, I like her! I always wanted a pet and this is the first time I've been able to."

"Maybe your parents would have let you if you asked for a normal pet."

"That's not it! I-"

With a sigh, Saki finished tying her hair and left. "I'll be off now. Goodbye."

Once the door was shut, Minori sighed, turning to the snail.

"Don't mind her, Susie-chan, she's just mean," she said, "Just... mean."

─── 。゚☽: * .♡. * :☾ ° . ───

"I don't understand her," Saki said, "The weird nicknames, the constant energy, the snail," she sighed, "She could have at least asked me! I would have said no and then I wouldn't have to see a snail every day."

"She 'll probably didn't think you'd mind," Usagi said, "Snails are cute."

"They're gross."

"If you say so."

Lessons had just finished up and the students were packing up all of their items for the day. Usagi quickly downed some water, then grinned at Saki.

"Let's go."

Picking up her bag, Saki nodded, ready to leave.

"Ah, wait, Hanasato-san!"

Saki paused, then turned to face their teacher. "Yes?" she asked, walking to her.

"Sorry this is so last minute, but Nagareboshi Jewellery is holding an audition to represent their brand. You'd be an excellent candidate."

Saki smiled, bowing. "I'd love to take part. Please sign me up."

"Tomorrow there's an interview for applicants - I know that's soon but it should be fairly standard," Aki explained.

"I'm okay with that."

"Good luck," Aki said, then paused, her eyes lighting up. "Oh! I just remembered - it's a duo audition."

Saki's smile faltered slightly. "I see. Thank you, Tanabe-sensei."