「Final Phase」To a Distant Rainbow

It was finally the end of March. Cherry blossoms were blooming and the temperature was pleasant. The skies were clear; not a single cloud could be seen.

Yet, the entirety of Celestial Academy was gathered indoors, the auditorium filled with a bittersweet atmosphere.

"Just like that, another year has passed," Kagamine Makoto said, standing at the front. "After these past couple of eventful months, we finally made it through. Thanks to everyone's help, we've managed to overcome what may be one of the greatest obstacles this establishment has faced so far. The Aikatsu System has been returned somewhat to normal," she announced. "As a result, I'm very proud to announce that Celestial Academy will continue to be an idol school!"

Just like that, the relative silence that had previously occupied the room was filled with applause.

"We did it!"

"Of course it is - we're not weak idols, after all."

Makoto smiled. "The Celestial Trial will be delayed until May. Those who will be partaking, please continue to hone your skills and wait a little longer." Once the audience quieted down, her smile turned... bittersweet.

"But, that's not why we're gathered here today. Most importantly, today is the graduation of our third years. You've all had such thrilling Aikatsus - faced hurdles you surely never imagined you would - and you've all come out as amazing idols. As amazing people. Since your arrival, your growth has been extraordinary. I couldn't possibly be prouder."

The group applauded once again whilst the third-years smiled sadly.

Three years had passed, eh?

Then, out on the stage walked the grand Celestial Star. The always bright Hinode Hinata.

"Hello," she said, once it was quiet. In January, she had been involved in a romance scandal, kickstarting a whole mess of events. So, admittedly, her heart was racing. She had a very slight tremor too - one she hoped she could hide. "We're nearly high-school students - I can't believe that our time here is basically over. There have been a lot of fun times - a lot of not so fun times too. But I've learned that it's important to keep going, even when it's tough. I've... learned a lot here." She curled up her lip, trying to prevent tears from streaming down as her voice wobbled. "Thanks to everyone here, I've managed to chase my dream, something that I thought would be impossible. So... I'd like to say thank you. Thank you for every time you've encouraged me and played along with my silly ideas. Thank you for every time you've encouraged all the rest of your friends. These three years together have been unforgettable and I'll cherish you all forever, even if we end up splitting paths here. Thanks to you - every day's been exciting!"

Once again, the audience gave a large applause, mainly headed by the third-years. Hinata's efforts to restrain her emotions became more and more obvious, her voice wobbling even more.

"Thank you, everyone! This year, I'll be giving it my very all at the Celestial Trial so please, challenge me with your very best performance!"

After Hinata's speech was over, one by one, each third year was handed their certificates.

"Congratulations on your graduation."

As they left the stage, Hinata poked Tsubaki. "Heyy, you're crying again."

"I know," Tsubaki said through tears. "I can't help it."

"...I guess so," Hinata said. "It's pretty sad..."

"Everyone saw your expression up there, you know. Don't act so coy about it."

Hinata pursed her lips together. "I mean... it feels like the end. Even if we'll be going to high school..."