「Phase 116」The Rabbit on the Moon

CW:  Mention of death in this chapter. Stay safe!!

A/N: Another early chapter one.  First! Thank you for reading!!! This one I'm rlly proud of and I hope the ending is one which excites people

Second! I have exams starting tomorrow wish me luck :(

Third! We're halfway through s3! I'm a bit behind on writing but I'll try fix it this weekend lol. Exciting times are coming...

─── 。゚☽: * .♡. * :☾ ° . ───

"Congratulations, Claire-chan..." Hikaru said. She, Claire, Saki and Minori were gathered in the cafeteria. The CD Debut competition had just happened the day before and Claire had won.

Yet...

"Thank you," Claire said, "But... it's kind of hard to be happy about it like this."

"...I'll miss her," Minori said, "I really don't want her to go."

"I don't either. I wanted to Aikatsu with her for so much longer," Hikaru admitted, her voice wavering, "But... but... Usagi-chan..." She curled her lip up, trembling slightly.

Saki bit her lip. "I'm sorry. I thought something was up for a while but..." she placed her hand on the side of her forehead and held her head back. "Ugh. I've known what she's been like this for a long time yet-"

"Like what?"

"She always doubts herself and quits anything she does before she gets any kind of chance to prove herself wrong," Saki explained, "I just thought, since she stuck with this for five months maybe she'd stay. It's a record for her after all - a record that I thought meant she liked it here. I'm sure she did, but..."

The group fell silent, each looking miserable in their own ways.

"...If it's her own choice, we should send her off with a smile," Minori eventually spoke up, "If we're sad, we'll probably just make it worse for her..."

"You're right," Hikaru whispered, looking down. "I don't want to make her feel bad for leaving. We should make our last moments as idols together fun, right?" She looked up again, a forced smile on her face, with tears she was obviously trying to hold back.

"Hikaru-chan..."

─── 。゚☽: * .♡. * :☾ ° . ───

Usagi walked through the forest slowly. Back in Spring, it looked so beautiful with all of the cherry blossoms but now that the trees' leaves were falling to the floor in a dull brown, it... wasn't quite as stunning.

There wasn't long left of her time at Celestial Academy. She'd already wrapped up most of what she had planned to do and said goodbye to her friends. Now, all she had left was to tell Arata, the top designer of Blossom❀Daylight...

...She hoped she could at least convince him to continue designing...

As the familiar cottage came into view, Usagi slowed down.

She took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, Kaidou-san," she muttered, as she took a step forward, hovering her knuckle before the door.

She hesitated.

"Hi there!"

Usagi jumped. She quickly looked around, from one place to another.

Was she being followed or something?!

Why couldn't she see them?!

Was it... a ghost?!