「Phase 101」Primary Meteor Shower

"The planetarium was so cool!" Usagi exclaimed as she and Claire entered the school building. Claire chuckled.

"Wasn't it?"

"You're so lucky to work at a place like that."

"I know." Claire smirked. "Maybe if you're nice to me I'll take you more often."

"I'll be the nicest rival ever then."

It was decently late at night and the two had just gone to visit the planetarium together. It was an enchanting experience, looking at how bright all the celestial objects shone - just as brightly as the idols Usagi admired! It was no wonder idols were compared to them so frequently.

Now, the cafeteria was empty, due to the hour.

Well...

Mostly empty.

"Do you see that?" Claire whispered, glancing in the direction of one of the tables. Usagi glanced over too, then rubbed her eyes.

...Was she imagining things...?

Someone was on the floor.

Someone with blonde hair and twintails.

Usagi froze.

"Usagi-chan?"

"That's...!" She whispered, changing her direction to where the idol was resting.

"Hikaru-chan!" She shouted in a whispery tone, kneeling down and gently shaking her shoulder. "Wake up...! You can't just...!"

Her heart was pounding.

Had something happened...?!

Slowly, Hikaru's eyes fluttered open.

"Usagi-chan..." she muttered, pulling herself up. Usagi's expression lit up.

"You're oka-!"

Hikaru fell back to sleep, this time resting on her roommate's shoulder.

Usagi turned to Claire.

"What do I do...?!" she shouted in a whispery tone. Claire knelt next to the duo, briefly placing her hand on Hikaru's forehead.

"Her temperature's normal and she doesn't look pale. I think she's fine - just tired. You're her roommate, right?"

Panicked, Usagi nodded.

"Best idea would be to bring her back to your dorm and make sure she sleeps well. She must be really tired if she fell asleep here of all places... poor thing," Claire whispered. "Here, I'll help carry her."

Usagi nodded, handing Hikaru to Claire. "Don't worry Hikaru-chan. You'll be okay with us - I promise."

─── 。゚☽: * .♡. * :☾ ° . ───

It was June, the beginning of summer. The students were now dressed in their summer uniforms and the sun was shining brightly.

Unfortunately, the two idols of room 589 didn't quite match this energy.

"It's rare to see you like this," Saki commented after she drank from her smoothie. Usagi laughed airly.

"I didn't get any sleep last night. Too busy watching Hikaru-chan."

Saki and Claire shot her a look.

"You're no better than her, then." They said in unison.

"I had to. She keeps getting up earlier than she has to after all." She yawned. "I'll just make sure to sleep early tonight..."