「Phase 112」Burn Bright, Superstar

"Have you heard?"

"Apparently the new student is really good at performing - apparently she can even rival Hanabusa-senpai!"

"I heard that too! Apparently, she has plans to change Aikatsu and our Academy's future. For real this time."

"Then... she'd be considered Rosebud Academy's secret weapon?"

"Something like that!"

"Rosebud Academy's secret weapon?" Sachiko asked, her arms crossed. Across her was her father, sitting at his desk.

"Somebody to pick up the mess you made."

"I fully bloomed, did I not? Was that not what you asked from me?"

"And in doing so, allowed countless other idols to bloom. Even allowing the daughter of Matsumoto to fully bloom - didn't you create the idol track with the intent of crushing Celestial? This idol wants to, and unlike you, will do so."

"I - I did, but-!"

"Shouldn't you be pleased by this news then? You can finally destroy them."

Sachiko slammed her hands down on the desk. "If you'd just listen to me-!"

"Sachiko."

Sachiko froze, her eyes wide.

She took a step back.

"...I understand," she whispered, her voice barely even audible, "I'm sorry."

─── 。゚☽: * .♤. * :☾ ° . ───

"Kirakiratter won't shut up about this new idol," Saki said, scrolling through her social media feed. "She hasn't even debuted yet but she has so many fans already."

They were midway through their offtime and the five were in Asahina City, spending time with each other finally.

"She must have some sort of experience," Claire said, "But I don't recognise her name at all."

"Nobody does. She's a total nobody," Saki informed, "But Rosebud Academy has been promoting her debut performance just as much as they did with Hanabusa Sachiko's and 'nepotism isn't even a factor this time' according to someone on here - whatever that means."

Minori nodded, pretending to understand. "Is that where all the rumours came from?"

"I don't know. Somebody probably just made them up," Saki said, continuing to scroll through. She gave a small laugh. "This Roseseed person made an entire thread complaining."

"Does it explain anything?" Hikaru asked and Saki shrugged.

"It's long - you read it if you're interested."

"I wonder why people care so much about her," Minori said, "If she's a nobody."

"Might have paid someone to spread rumours," Claire said, "Which is a questionable tactic but if she can keep it under control..."

Usagi rested her head in her hands, thinking over everything that had been said. "What kind of rumours?"

"A lot of people think she could become the top idol, basically," Saki explained, "I don't entirely understand it but everyone in Rosebud Academy really cares."

"It's true."

The five turned to face this new voice, where Kanade was standing. She smiled awkwardly.