「Phase 117」Illuminating Breeze

"I'm glad you're back, Usagi-chan," Hikaru said, "I missed you."

Usagi grinned. "I missed you too."

It was nearing the end of September and Usagi had, at the last minute, decided to return to Celestial Academy after an experience she couldn't quite explain.

"It's especially nice to be back to a lighter mood," Claire agreed. She turned to Saki, who was smiling widely at her phone, hands cupping her face and cheeks pink. "Speaking of which, someone seems happy."

"Izumi-chan's going to have a solo performance! And there's going to be a big announcement there. I'm so excited - I have to go~."

"Hehhh~ The big announcement will probably be something to do with Rosebud or the changing Aikatsu thing," Minori said, "Why do you care?"

"You don't know that! She could confess 'Recently, I fell in love at first sight with a first-year in Celestial Academy: Hanasato Saki-chan!'" Saki imagined, hearts in her eyes. "And even if it's just changing Aikatsu that's important too you know."

"I'm not sure they'd announce something they can't confirm can happen yet," Claire said, "But either way, the chances of this announcement being interesting are high. We should go."

"See? Let's go see the amazing Izumi-chan-senpai on stage!"

"...Izumi-chan-senpai?" Hikaru asked and Saki's cheeks turned even pinker.

"I wanted a nickname as cute as her.. !"

"Jeez, you barely even know her," Minori pouted and Saki giggled.

"Do I need to? Haven't you ever heard of love at first sight?"

Minori sighed then Saki opened one of her eyes.

"Though... I could have an idea." She stood up and grabbed Minori's wrist.

"H-huh?"

"Minori, you're coming with me!"

"Eh? Wait, Saki-chan...!"

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

"Good work today!"

Kawaguchi Izumi and Akiyama Akemi walked out of the studio together, Izumi humming a quiet song under her breath.

So far, their song was coming along quite nicely. The melody just needed a few more touches and she already had some ideas lyrically wise. She was glad - as Akemi had already stressed multiple times, this song would be important. For both them and potentially the future of Aikatsu.

And also for...

Izumi smiled bittersweetly.

She'd make sure this song was perfect. The performance, too. Then, surely, Akemi's plan would come to fruition and that person would smile.

"Oh? I feel like we've run into those lot quite often recently," Akemi suddenly commented and Izumi looked up again.

In the near distance were two girls, one with braided green hair and the other with purple hair.

Akemi smirked. "It must be fate pulling us together."

"Maybe they're just looking for advice," Izumi suggested, "No better person to ask than somebody who shines as brightly as yourself."

"You think so? You flatter me, Izumi."

"It's nothing but the truth. Everyone loves you."

"They haven't even seen one-tenth of my capabilities yet."