「Phase 103」Unique Charm

"Minori?"

Minori snapped her attention back to her mother. "Hm?"

"Are you feeling okay? You've been zoning out a lot - should I call over a doctor?"

"Ah. I'm... fine..."

She turned back to the window. It was raining outside...

Minori couldn't even remember the last time she was out in the rain...

"Stupid body," she whispered.

─── 。゚☽: * .♧. * :☾ ° . ───

"Minori? Minori... Minori!"

"Nghh..." Minori grunted, slowly opening her eyes. Standing at her bedside was Saki, who looked displeased.

"Jeez, you're such a deep sleeper."

"Huh? I'm not!"

Saki raised an eyebrow. "Well, we have less than an hour until lesson and Susan is hungry." A pause. "Minori?"

It was raining outside, with the familiar pitter-pattering audible. Minori couldn't help but stare outside.

The rain, huh...

"Mi-no-ri! Your snail is starving."

Minori turned back to Saki. "Ah, sorry. Give me a second."

As Minori rushed over to feed her pet, Saki narrowed her eyes.

"Hey, Minori?"

"Mhm?"

"Don't push yourself today."

"Don't push myself?" Minori asked, then grinned. "I'll be careful!"

Minori fed Susan and got dressed, then the two headed down to the cafeteria, Minori staring at the windows she passed. It was still raining - pretty heavily too.

"The weather said it's going to continue for the next few days," Saki commented with a sigh. "Looks like we won't be outside for a while."

"I guess not," Minori agreed as they entered the cafeteria together, walking over to their table.

"Saki-chan! Minori-chan!" Usagi exclaimed, "Where were you?"

"Minori slept through her alarm," Saki explained, "We miss anything?"

"Well..." Hikaru pushed forward her phone, "I think this is something Minori-chan would like to see.:"

"Huh?" Minori asked, picking the phone up. She took a moment reading through, re-reading over and over again.

"Kagayaki Melody is returning to Japan?" she asked, "That means...!"

"You can get a Premium Rare?" Saki asked and Minori nodded, beaming.

"Just like Usaki-chan and Bright-chan!"

"You can do it, Minori-chan," Usagi cheered. Claire pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Kagayaki Melody... she's the top designer for Exciting Topaz, right? I've heard rumours that you'll have to create your own theme."

"I know."

"Do you have any ideas?"

Minori shook her head. "But I'll think of something."

"Minori..." Saki muttered, "You most likely won't have much time. Will you be okay?"