「Phase 111」Golden Wings

"Off-time?"

Their teacher, Tanabe Aki nodded. She had caught the five first-years in the corridor, with some kind of message to pass onto them.

"It's a few days where idols take a break and relax, free from all work duties. You've all been working hard recently, especially with the New Stars Fashion Show, so we decided that now would be a good time for everyone to rest up."

"A break?" Minori asked, "That sounds fun."

"That shouldn't be too bad," Claire agreed, "I'm certainly curious about what my family has been up to... I feel bad not helping them out."

"Heeyy, Claire-chan, this is a break for you too," Usagi said. She turned to Saki with a grin. "We'll be stuck together again."

"I think you should be more worried about being stuck with me," Saki teased. She placed a hand on her hip. "I wonder if Hoshimura has changed at all."

"Ella-chan says it hasn't really," Usagi answered, placing her finger to her lips. Her expression lit up. "We'll get to see everyone again for real! I have so much to tell Ella-chan - Saki-chan, you should come too."

Saki held up her hand. "I'll pass."

"Didn't you-?"

"That was the past."

"It won't be awkward! ...Probably."

Aki chuckled. "Well, if you're all happy, I'll be on my way."

"Byebye, Tanabe-sensei!" Usagi cheered, waving with a grin. She turned back to the others. "Alright! I'm going to have the best off-time ever! Right, Hikaru-chan?"

"H-huh?"

"You'll have a great off-time too, right?"

"I'll try my best," Hikaru said, a bead of sweat falling down her face.

A great off-time...

She wondered what she'd do during it.

─── 。゚☽: * .♧. * :☾ ° . ───

Asahina City was a bustling place. One with a diverse population; one that housed many stars. From Hikaru's very own scary third y- she meant, Shimura-senpai, to apparently a pretty famous unit, many big names were both raised in the city and plastered all over it nowadays.

Yet, despite her home being so well known for idols nowadays, Hikaru spent a long period of her life having no interest in them at all. She'd pass by all of the advertisements without paying much attention at all.

Now that she was one, she found she appreciated them a little more as she passed through the city centre. She could now successfully identify half of Midnight's members, along with the top idol in Japan, Hanabusa Sachiko. There were two girls with ginger and blue hair respectively she could have sworn she had seen somewhere and a girl with short purple hair which somewhat resembled Claire (Hikaru wasn't entirely sure but she had a feeling this was the sister she had heard so much about). Then, there were brands on display, most of which Hikaru knew the names and types of by heart. Songs too - some even being ones she or her friends had performed themselves.

Somehow, becoming an idol made her feel more connected to her hometown, as strange as it may have sounded considering Celestial Academy was quite far away.

Before long, Hikaru made it to her house. It was a small one, hardly the most impressive house, which was shared between six. After only having to share her room with Usagi (and occasionally the others depending on what crazy ideas Usagi had), Hikaru wondered if she'd still be used to it.