「Phase 99」Beyond the Galaxy

Claire took her hand. She was shaking but... she had to!

"I'll do it," she said, "I'll become an idol; I'll-!"

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

Claire shot up in a cold sweat.

That dream again.

Even though so much time had passed...

...Why was she still...?

She reached for the pendant watch on her desk, holding it to her heart.

Listening to the slow tick-tocking.

Taking breaths in its rhythm.

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

"You know, I may I failed these past few auditions," Usagi said, "But I'll definitely pass this next one."

"Uh-huh."

It was the day after the audition to become the image girl for Kirameki Planetarium. Whilst losing wasn't exactly part of Usagi's grand plan, she didn't mind too much so long as it made Hikaru happy.

The main problem was Hikaru was still acting distant from the others, largely keeping to herself.

I mean, Usagi supposed she was allowed to stay away. Hikaru was never the most talkative anyway.

It was just a little more lonely than before.

"Hey, I can do it," Usagi insisted, "I'm pretty talented, you know. Right, Suzukawa-san?"

Claire, who was passing behind her, froze. "How did you...?"

Usagi grinned. "You should sit with us. Suzukawa-san, this is Saki-chan." Saki smirked. "And this is Minori-chan - she's in your class." Minori waved. "And you two, this is-"

"Suzukawa Claire?" Saki asked, "Because we kno-" she paused, a look of horror on her face. Then, it melted into a sweeter expression, her voice pitched up again. "I mean, I've heard so much about you Suzukawa-san! It's a pleasure to meet you. Ah, my heart's dokidoki-ing just being in your presence! It's such an honour~."

As Claire gave a perplexed expression, Usagi leaned in.

"Don't worry, she'll snap in a second," she whispered.

"What do you mean snap?! I'm always a lovely and sweet person!"

"See?"

"I don't understand you Hanasato," Minori said, "My catchphrase is weird but that isn't?"

"I never said it's not weird, it's just popular and will awaken my powers of cute faster." Saki took a drink of tea. "Besides, it's only for the fans."

"So if I only use catchphrases on stage, you wouldn't hate them?"

"W-well, hate's a strong word..." Saki muttered, blushing.

Minori pouted. "Good! I wasn't going to change either way."

Once again giving a feeble laugh, Usagi turned to Claire, who had reluctantly sat next to her.

"How's your life as an image girl going?"

"Not enough time has passed for anything to happen yet," Claire said, "But I'll perform at its opening soon."

"Really?"

"Isn't that why you auditioned?" Saki asked and Usagi placed a finger to her lip.

"I forgot."