「Phase 118」A Divine Stage

It was October finally, meaning the students of both Celestial and Rosebud Academy had returned to their winter uniforms. The weather was colder and the days were shorter. For most people, including Akemi, this was a depressing fact.

Izumi however, didn't mind it at all.

She preferred the autumn, honestly. The less extreme temperatures, the crisp winds, the auburn leaves - they were all beautiful.

Though, she supposed summer had brought around at least one miracle... a miracle she wouldn't trade for anything else.

The day that person came into her life.

"Izumi, do you have any updates on the song?" A familiar voice asked, entering the room. Izumi looked up from her guitar and smiled.

Standing at the other end of the room was somebody Izumi was convinced was nothing short of a Goddess of Aikatsu. A guiding light, who glowed no matter what. An idol who wanted to change Aikatsu for the better, with nothing but noble intentions.

"I've almost finished it. It shouldn't be long."

"Care to play it?"

"Right now?"

"Mhm. It's the second most important song you'll ever write - feedback is important, no?"

Izumi chuckled softly. Ever since their fateful meeting, Akemi had always been like that. Organised and on top of everything. But also supportive and...

Well, Izumi couldn't think of anyone she could possibly be more blessed to meet.

"Okay then. A special advance performance for the Queen of Aikatsu coming right up~."

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

"Listen to my song carried by the wind~ I hope it'll reach you~ Ah, wait, that sounds..."

Sitting on the rooftop, Izumi strummed on her guitar, quietly singly along.

"Maybe..."

She played another chord.

"-No, that's not right either."

She sighed.

"Maybe I'll get it right someday..."

Kawaguchi Izumi, twelve years old and a first-year at Rosebud Academy. She always considered herself to be the typical, run-of-the-mill student despite the school she attended. She received fairly average grades and had fairly average looks too. She hadn't even got into the school through exams - how was she supposed to study when she could write songs instead?

So, her family paid the headmaster a hefty sum and voila.

Even just thinking about it, Izumi cringed.

Rosebud Academy wasn't exactly Izumi's ideal school. It was even fancier than her home and there were even more snobs than she saw in most teenage girl movies. It was strict, too.

But at the very least, the rooftop was quiet.

The perfect place to practice writing songs, where nobody else would listen.

"Do you think she'll ever notice us?"

"Mhm. I hope not! I wanna continue listening to her songs, y'know?"