「Phase 119」Unexpected Happiness

"There you go, Susan," Saki said, placing a piece of lettuce into the snail's container. She smiled softly., then turned back, where Minori was sitting on her bed.

"Let's start planning then."

Minori nodded. "We should."

"Do you have any ideas?"

"I didn't really think of any."

"You didn't?" Saki asked, raising an eyebrow. Minori nodded.

"I was so surprised when you asked me to form a unit that I ended up lying down in shock the entire time you were at work."

"Why were you surprised?"

"I assumed you'd want to form a unit with someone cooler. Or with Usagi-chan since you're childhood friends. So I was surprised. But happy!"

Saki giggled. "Idiot."

Minori grinned. "So... what about you?"

"Didn't have a chance to think during work. So neither of us have either. So, I guess we should think about it now."

"Something cute?"

"Definitely. I guess... we could take some inspiration from that game show we were on last month."

A few weeks earlier, the duo had appeared on a game show in an attempt to get along again. One of the rounds was to wear matching coords without discussing it with the other member of the team. Eventually, they ended up choosing a dress from Pastel Macaron with the same jacket and various accessories.

"Elegant cute could work," Saki continued, "But maybe it wouldn't fit you."

"But if it wasn't it wouldn't fit you."

"That's... true."

"Elegant... fun?" Minori suggested, "But that sounds stupid."

"Elegant but fun. You might be onto something."

"You think so?"

"Even a princess can have fun with her life whilst still looking beautiful and cute," Saki explained, idly twirling. "We can be like those princesses from movies!"

"Like Hina-sama!"

"...Heh?"

Minori cocked her head. "Haven't you watched the performance where she blooms?"

"Not yet. I like Midnight but Mai-chan's my ultimate bias." She smiled to herself. "The performance where she bloomed for the first time was amazing, though."

"It was, but Hina-sama's performance was even more amazing! It was in a small village - you live in one of those right? - and she came out looking like a real-life princess and-"

As Minori went on, Saki smiled fondly.

Hearing Minori go on like that... it warmed her cold heart a little.

─── 。゚☽: * .♧. * :☾ ° . ───

The next morning, the five were gathered in the cafeteria for breakfast. Saki sighed.

"We talked for so long but we didn't decide much in the end..."

"You'll get there eventually," Claire said, "Did you come up with anything?"

"Princesses that can have fun," Minori answered, eating her miso soup.

"That's a cute theme," Hikaru said, "I'd love to see you perform like that."

"Thanks. But as Minori pointed out by going on an hour-long ramble, our theme is similar to our great Celestial Star's performance..."

"Really?"