「Phase 121」Our Own Light

Over the past few weeks, there had been a large rise in the number of units forming. Kickstarted by the divine reveal of Divinity Heaven, units such as the graceful Serendipity or the cute Bubblegum*Asterism had quickly followed.

And now, after a busy October forming and maintaining units, Halloween was quickly approaching.

"Don't they usually hold a party here?" Usagi asked, grinning. "I can't wait to go~."

The usual five were gathered in the cafeteria, discussing the upcoming holiday.

"Is Halloween fun? Like... proper Halloween?" Minori asked and Usagi nodded.

"It is! You go around and knock on people's doors and ask for sweets. And if they don't..." Usagi's smile became twisted. "You can trick them."

"Just make sure you don't do anything too bad," Hikaru said.

"Aww~."

"Not only that but look," Saki said, holding up her phone. "MeguruMeguru will be featured at a Halloween festival happening in town. If we play our cards right-" She smirked. "-We might even be able to get close to them."

"...MeguruMeguru?" Usagi asked, tilting her head.

Saki sighed.

"They're another unit," Claire explained, "A duo unit who are rather popular."

"They're one of Ella-chan's favourite units, you know!"

"Ella-chan never really spoke to me about idols. It was always you or the others."

"Jeez..." Saki muttered. "Well, have you at least heard of Healing Beauties?"

Hikaru nodded. "One of my little sisters was obsessed with it."

"After performing in many live shows last year for it, MeguruMeguru were cast in this year's season as Healing Tropical and Healing Marine."

"Woah...!"

"Magical girl toku is quite different from their usual style," Claire noted, "But I suppose at least they're returning to their roots with a Halloween event."

"So... they're a gothic unit?"

"Correct," Saki said, "They have the theme of monsters."

Usagi's eyes began sparkling. "Monsters? That's amazing! Hey, what's everyone dressing as for Halloween?"

"...I wonder...!" Minori turned to Saki. "Hey, hey, Saki-pyon, what do you think I'd look good as?"

"You'd look pretty good as anything."

"Saki-pyon?" Usagi asked, "What a cute nickname~."

"Only Minorin can call me that."

"Aw~. Downer."

"If we're going, we might as well use this opportunity," Claire said, "Individually, MeguruMeguru are great idols but together they shine even brighter. If we're starting up units ourselves, we'd be best gaining pointers from them. Right?"

Usagi nodded. "Right! As expected of our reliable leader~."

"...Leader?"

"It's good with you, right? You're an amazing idol and cool and smart so you'd be a better leader than the scatterbrained me and the quiet Hikaru. We decided that together last night."

Claire blushed. "You two... as long as I'm not the centre."

"You're sure?" Usagi asked. She grinned. "That's okay with me, then."