「Phase 138」So I'll Never Stop Believing

A/N: Hi! I just want to warn you that this chapter is double the length of the usual chapter, being around 7500 words. It would have been nearly impossible to split into two haha. So get comfy before you start reading!

I hope you enjoy. I wrote this chapter with a heart full of hope and "thank you"s.

I know I say this every time, but really and truly, thank you for listening to the words my soul have poured out into this fic.

─── 。゚☽: * .♡. * :☾ ° . ───

"Soon the flower of happiness will bloom, and the moon is shining too!"

The music finished and the five held their poses, heavily breathing. Their muscles were aching and sweat was dripping down their faces. Usagi quickly glanced at Sachiko, who was staring them down with a sharp eye. It hadn't taken the five long to realise just what the rose of Rosebud Academy could be like when she was serious. Often barking out instructions and dishing out icy stares whenever she was dissatisfied with their performance. It was a pretty common occurrence for them to have to do it from the top again (sometimes without even Minori, as she'd have to rest once in a while) and the group was becoming more and more agitated.

Yet also, determined.

Sachiko smiled.

"That was good."

They froze. Then, their expressions lit up and they all turned to high five and hug those beside them.

"We did it!"

"You'll still have to work harder if you want to ensure you can bloom in these conditions," Sachiko said. "But at this rate, it's looking possible. Good work."

"Thank you so much!" They all exclaimed, bowing. They turned back to each other.

"I'm so tired... I feel like I've done a year's worth of practice in just a few weeks," Minori said, stretching.

"Me too..." Hikaru agreed.

"We're really doing this, aren't we?" Claire asked and Usagi nodded.

"Yep. And it'll be our greatest live yet." She grinned. "Won't it?"

"Only if you keep working hard," Sachiko said. "You do understand how difficult it will be, right?"

"We do."

She smirked. "Then get back to practice."

Reluctantly, they returned to their positions.

Then, the door opened and a certain pink-haired engineer was standing in the doorway.

"Onee-chan!" Usagi exclaimed and Mai gave a small wave in return.

"Is it okay if I borrow them for a second?" She asked Sachiko. "The outfits are ready."

Once again, the group lit up. Aside from an awkward session of measuring themselves, they had yet to hear much about the outfits they'd be wearing for at least the beginning portion of the performance. They didn't even know who this mysterious designer that Mai had contacted was. Originally, they had guessed it could have been the top designer for Pastel Macaron, but when Saki approached Shiraishi Ai about it, she seemed busy with other projects. After all, most Aikatsu designers were busy creating backup plans for if the system wasn't reopened to the public.

When they walked into the room, a rack of five dresses was waiting. Each in a pastel variant of a different colour of the rainbow and each like a mini, slightly more casual princess dress. They had varying sleeve lengths and accompanying white tights and flats in their dress' signature colour.