「Phase 134」Brand New World

Usagi held her cards out with a bright smile. The Strawberry Parfait Coord, the very first coord she had worn.

"Hop! Step! Aikatsu!"

One by one, she placed the cards into the machine. Then, with a confident smile, she took a step back.

And... nothing happened.

"...So it's still not working, eh?" She quietly retrieved her cards, placing them back into her binder.

For around a week now, the Aikatsu system refused to respond to anyone. Ever since it glitched and cut out during Hanabusa Sachiko's performance, it hadn't been working. At all. Nobody had successfully managed to perform using the Aikatsu system, and as a result, the industry was the quietest it had ever been. Meanwhile, Celestial Academy had decided to prioritise its more... traditional lessons for the time being. Whilst they had always existed, now more than ever the 'idol' aspect of the curriculum was pushed to the side.

After all, until KatsuCorp put out a statement, the future of Aikatsu was uncertain.

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

"This is so depressing," Saki complained as the five met up after lessons.

"Isn't it?" Minori agreed. "It feels totally different here."

"The constant rumours don't help, either..." Claire said, pushing a strand of hair back. Ever since the system had cut out, in a confused panic people had been quick to push the blame on anyone who even dared to breathe during the time.

"You know, if Amamiya Mai is an Aikatsu Engineer it could be her. Maybe she's sabotaging it so she can stay the top idol forever." They overheard one student say.

"Or maybe it's an act of revenge because of the dating stuff."

"I don't think it's Mai-chan but I think that's why Hanabusa Sachiko did it."

"Really? If it's because of dating, I think it's the Celestial Star."

"Seriously?!"

"Seriously. Can't hold the Celestial Trial if we don't have a system after all."

"Woah..."

"Don't you think Kitagawa is a bit suspicious?" They overheard another student say to their friends about a girl in Usagi and Saki's class. "She knew I had a big performance coming up and then this happens; it feels like too big of a coincidence!"

"You're just being dramatic. I think it's Divinity Heaven."

"...And I'm the dramatic one?"

"You're both missing the point. KatsuCorp is being eerily quiet about this, aren't they?"

"So you think it's them?"

"It makes sense."

"Then is Mai-chan guilty after all?"

"...I guess so."

"But Mai-chan's nice, unlike Kitagawa!"

"You don't know her. She could be like anything."

Usagi pouted, crossing her arms. "Jeez, everyone's blaming onee-chan way too quickly!"

"...As much as I hate to admit it, she's a little suspicious," Hikaru whispered. "Since she's in KatsuCorp."

"But she isn't like that. I'm sure - I'm sure it's just an error."

"Have you asked her about it recently?"