「Phase 98」Brilliant Star

"...Good morning..." Usagi mumbled as she woke up. Sunlight was streaming through the curtains, almost blinding her.

Too much for the morning.

After spending a few seconds with her head planted within her pillow, she pulled herself up.

She looked to her side.

"...Hikaru...chan?"

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

"I don't get it," Usagi complained as she, Saki and Minori ate breakfast together, "She was just... gone! She's never left without at least leaving a note before."

"What about when you were cleaning earlier?" Saki asked, "Did she stay then?"

"She did but I think it's only because Takami-sensei would have gotten mad. she was silent the entire time."

"Isn't she usually?"

"Not dead silent," Minori argued, "She talks to me in class sometimes."

"Yeah, she does talk, just not to Saki-chan."

"How flattering."

"Don't mind it," Usagi said, "I'm just... worried about her..."

"Did anything happen? When she first ran off?" Saki asked.

"She just said she had to do something," Usagi recalled, "Then... then she was gone." She sighed. "I wanna make sure she's okay."

"Just leave her be."

"I guess but... well..." She pursed her lips. "Would a performance cheer her up?"

"Huh?"

"Of course," Minori said.

"Isn't that a bit random?" Saki asked, "Anyway, where would you even-"

"An audition," Usagi said, "I'm sure there's an audition I can pass. Then I'll perform and she'll smile again. Like-" She quickly scrolled through her phone. "Sure, this one about performing at the Kirameki Planetarium! That'll do, right?"

"...Kirameki Planetarium? I guess?" Saki asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Okay then!" Usagi chirped, performing the usual sign-up procedure. Watching, Minori placed a finger to her lip.

"Kirameki Planetarium..." She muttered, "I've heard that before somewhere."

"Probably because it's in this town," Saki said.

"True but... but..." Her eyes lit up and she clapped her hands together. "I remember now! I'm pretty sure I heard Natsumi-sensei talk to Suzukawa-san about it. If there's an audition going on for it, then I guess she'll probably take it."

"Didn't you say she gets really high grades?"

"I don't think she's failed a single audition."

"Usagi-chan..." Saki muttered, giving her a look. Usagi grinned.

"Too late to back out now."

"Even if you lose?"

"I won't! Anyway," she pointed to the audition information, "Performing is part of the audition, so it's fine."

"Is that it?" Saki muttered, then she sighed. "Well, the only idol you should worry about losing against is myself, regardless. I'm sure you'll pass."

"All that matters is that Hikaru watches," She grinned. "If that's the case, who cares if I pass or not?"

"Usagi-chan..."