「Phase 97」Mission: Get To Know

"I hope Susie-chan won't miss us," Minori said, resting her chin in her hands, "Spending an entire day without us will probably be lonely."

"She'll be fine," Saki said, stirring her coffee, "She'll entertain herself with... snail things."

"You think?"

"She probably won't even notice."

"Aren't you worried?"

"Not in the slightest."

It was the beginning of May, already a month through their Aikatsu. Around this time of year, a certain village would hold an event that all of Celestial Academy's first-years were invited to. A competition to gather sweets by self appealing to the residents. Whichever idol received the most would be given a chance to perform in front of the entire village, creating a gateway into the mainstream.

"You know," Saki said, "If I remember correctly, Hinode-senpai won this competition back in her first year. So it's possible today's winner could become the Celestial Star, right?"

Minori nodded. "Tomorrow could shape the rest of our careers."

"So it's a good job that I'm so cute. There's no way I won't win!"

"Well... maybe Minorin will out cute you!"

"No way."

"Yes way!"

The two pouted but quickly lightened up again.

"You two seem closer," Usagi commented.

"Not that much closer," Saki said, "Minori just realised I'm nice because she didn't think I was before."

"Aren't you patting yourself on the back a bit too much there?"

"We know more about each other now," Minori said, "So I think I know why you two are friends now."

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

Hikaru ran her fingers through one of her twintails.

Usagi was right - Minori and Saki did seem a lot closer.

If it was because they knew more about each other...

Hikaru gave a small smile.

She wanted to understand more about Usagi.

─── 。゚☽: * .♧. * :☾ ° . ───

Usagi raised her fist to the sky.

"Hello, Village of Flowers!" she shouted, "I'm Kazami Usagi and today I'm going to have a lot of fun! So much fun you'll have to give me all of your sweets!"

"A bold declaration when Hanasato Saki is in your presence," Saki said, flicking her braid, "I'll be taking the most sweets today."

"Nope, it'll be me," Minori said, "Susie-chan's relying on me and I can't just let her down. She's my best friend after all!"

"Isn't she in your class?" Usagi asked, tilting her head, "Why isn't she here?"

"Ah, about that-" Saki started.

Then, a woman stepped forward and called all attention to herself, stopping Saki from finishing her sentence.

"Good morning students," she greeted the blur of green and black. Turned out, this year Rosebud Academy students had been invited too, creating even more competition for the grand prize. "Welcome to the annual Sweets Festival. I'm Shirayuri Haruka and for this event, you'll be asked to self appeal and complete challenges to collect sweets. Whoever receives the most will perform - though, I'm sure you all know that already," she smiled, "Please take a bucket and regather at this point at 5.30 pm sharpish. Thank you."