「Phase 123」

Akiyama Akemi sighed as her phone buzzed once again.

"Izumi?"

Izumi strummed a note on her guitar and looked up at her unit partner's agonised expression. "Something up?"

"Would it be unprofessional to block a coworker's phone number?"

"A coworker? Like... an idol?"

Akemi pursed her lips together. "I guess. But really it's the same good-for-nothing idiot poking her nose into other people's business as usual."

Izumi's expression changed and her eyes narrowed. "You've mentioned her a couple of times now - who exactly is she?"

Akemi stayed quiet for a second, just tapping her phone violently.

Then, she sighed.

"Looks like you'll meet her soon."

"Huh?"

"She arrived in Tsukizumi and now she wants to... discuss things. Care to join?"

─── 。゚☽: * .♡. * :☾ ° . ───

Flying through the sky, I wish that I

Could be a graceful butterfly

Then I'll be able to dance, with endless beauty!

The young girl walked through the streets of Tsukizumi city, listening to the song playing on one of the broadcast screens. It was a city of music, vibrant and lively, or so the girl had noticed in her years growing up here.

It was good to be back.

Nostalgic, even.

She gave a small smile to herself, looking around to all of the familiar sights and even some of the less familiar ones.

The wind was pleasant and the smell of all sorts of foods filled the air. There was laughter and music everywhere, too. There was a surprising amount of greenery too, with trees and shrubs and flowers and-

"Waaah- watch out!"

-a... screaming... tree?

Furrowing her brows, the girl turned around to face the tree. Another girl was falling out of it - a girl with red hair, wearing a light yellow coat and holding a ginger cat in her arms.

"Ow ow ow ow...!" She winced as she landed.

"You saved him!"

The girl from the tree opened her eyes and looked at a younger girl who had run over to her. She grinned and held out the cat.

"Safe and sound."

The child's face lit up and she hugged her cat. "Thank you so much, miss!" She called, then ran off. The redhead smiled, watching.

"Are you okay?" The first girl asked, extending her hand out. The redhead had pretty messy hair, scratches on her face and was yet to get up. She looked up and grinned again, taking her hand.

"I'm fi- owwww!" She cried as she tried to stand up.

"I... don't think you are."

She gave an airy laugh. "I guess. But I wanted to save that kitty so bad - it's not my fault that it kept scratching me. Or that I lost my balance - well, maybe that one is but-" she shook her head. "It's fine! Now people definitely won't recognise me."

"...Is that a good thing?"

The redhead nodded. "It is! Can you keep a secret?"

"I think so."