Chapter 5

"I DON'T WANT to live anymore," Sersha grumbled beside me

"I DON'T WANT to live anymore," Sersha grumbled beside me. I turned my face to watch her same identical mask cladded face.

"I decided that the day I was born but here I am." I sighed as Madison brushed my hair while I lay on her bed. "And now I have matured to granting someone else's life more miserable. Specifically, Mercer."

I had concocted god knows how many plans in my head. So many fantastic scenarios to humiliate Aaron. Some were rather... extra like the one where I'd choke him in the public pool but when you stoop this low there's no going back.

"I'm having a major crisis as well," Sersha announced bouncing out of bed causing the cucumber slices to fall on Madison's fluffy carpet.

"You better clean that up. That carpet was fucking expensive." Madison grumbled eyeing the pink vintage rug as her hands increased in speed tangling my hair.

"That's not the point. The point is I just heard the worst possible news in the history of disasters. I had a fifteen-minute break down in the bathroom and then another on my bed. Then I cried in my dream." Sersha grimaced.

I tapped my fingers on my stomach as I stared up at the ceiling. I enjoyed what Madison had done with her room. A sparkly disco ball was placed with confetti-like lights arraying out. It was very hobo-ish.

"What happened?" I questioned straightening up. My head felt like it was pumping a volcano.

Sersha tucked a red lock behind her hair before she sat crisscrossed on the carpet. I watched Madison in worry, but she just kept staring at the damn cucumbers. "Reuben is tutoring Olivia."

"What." I gawked. "But he called down when Mr. Harrison asked him to help Vianna on the math graph." I had witnessed the dismissal Reuben had put out. As polite as he had sounded it was a direct shot by the look on Vianna's face. The poor girl was as red as a tomato spluttering apology for no reason.

"I know." Sersha groaned rubbing the face mask from her cheeks. "But he was smiling at her. He said she was looking pretty. He never called me pretty. He never called me anything other than Sersha."

I wince at the rawness of pain in her voice. I nudge Madison from whatever reverie she was having about her carpet and pulled her down towards Sersha with me. The redhead plopped her head into my lap. "I've loved him for three years Bryce and he never looked at me any other way. It was always so formal like he didn't want anything to do with me. And yet Olivia was a jackpot for him."

I pat Sersha's back with a frown. I was on a new mission now. Operation getting Sersha and Reuben together. I know I shouldn't mingle but hell both were shy and antisocial so a force like me was supposed to reckon in this. I was Sersha's genie right now and quite possibly Reuben's future nemesis if things went wrong. I doubted they would.

"Sersh have you ever given Reuben any signals?" Madison asked picking the cucumbers and tossing them to the bin.

Sersha gave her a dead-ass look and scowled. "I told him I liked him in year eight Maddie. If that isn't direct, I don't know what is."