Chapter 22

Please vote!

CATHERINE WAS EXACTLY two minutes from coming here

CATHERINE WAS EXACTLY two minutes from coming here. She had insisted- forced- Louis to let her come by a taxi instead.

I did not bother to suggest me driving. Catherine and I had a complex relationship. If that is what you could call it.

Waiting anxiously at the window I debated hiding in the bathroom showers just to delay seeing her. But that would be rude. Not that Catherine would care anyway.

"You look like you're about to piss your pants." Louis laughed ragging me away from the glass. "Sit. I got chocolate brownies ordered. Have some." She insisted placing one on a plate and handing it over.

I gingerly nibbled in the fudge and sighed at the sweet taste. "Thank you."

Louis clicked her tongue in irritation. "Are you always so formal? Loosen up."

I rolled my eyes eyeing the door. "How long did she say?"

"I don't know. She'll be here by three is my estimation." She shrugged dusting her top for crumbs.

I fiddled with my ring and stared out continuously. I am Bryce Weston. I do not have to be so low to someone. I carry myself. "What are your plans for tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow?" I asked entirely confused. "What do you mean?"

"The date." She exasperated at my absent mind. "With Ethan."

"Oh." My lips emphasized the expression. I had completely forgotten about Ethan. I only now recalled he was the waiter. "Well yeah I'll meet him tomorrow."

"That's the enthusiasm." She mused. "Why aren't you excited though? First day in England and you snag yourself a date. That's pretty sweet."

I roll my eyes though my heart did flutter at the thought of someone actually finding me attractive enough to shoot their shot. "I am. Just... nervous."

"Hmm..." Louis examined me closely as if she was trying to read a book. Though if I was a book I would probably be so mixed and jumbled. "I guess tomorrow will be a sort of a... a confirmation on what you want."

I could actually use that. No where I stood and where I would stand. "Yeah. I hope it does turn out to be that." The doorbell chimes through the entire house making my hands go clammy and frozen as I sunk in Louis's tufted chair. She got up placing a hand on her stomach excitedly crossing the room towards the white painted door.

My eyes darted to the location as suitcases jutted through, then a pair of Louis Vuitton shoes entered and finally a tall woman. Catherine was the definition on what you would expect a model to look like. Gold skin, long legs and gold spun hair. Her hair was two tones lighter and completely straight as compared to Louis's darker and wavy hair.