Chapter 37

THE SOUND OF water crashing against each other ripped at my ears as I gripped at the front of the plastic watermelon float

Owen dodged the jet-ski a hard rift trying to topple me over.

I squeezed my eyes as water splashed on me making wince at the salt water. "You're so dead Hayes!" I shout as water sprays in my mouth.

I spit it while trying to keep my balance as he goes round and round trying to dodge me off like I'm some cowboy on a bull.

The water divided shallowly on either sides is left foamy from where we passed leaving a trail to slowly set back to clear water. We go through stumps and arches in the water being careful that I do not aid on Ms. Lennon's idea of getting myself killed.

My favorite part- also my fear -is looking at the coral reef down the edge of the place at a more curved area. The fishes there were beautiful ranging from different varieties of luminescent scales to ones with standing antennas like a lion fish.

"Hold on." Owen shouted over the ripping wind as we slowed down gently weaving our way close to the shore but far enough that the jet-ski could float.

The float wobbled underneath me as I stood up and jumped into the water pushing against the bubbles on the surface.

Owen swam to me with a grin. "So tell us Ms. Weston how did you feel so close to death?"

I pretended to dwindle the thought for a while. "Super amazing. I was actually looking forward to it as my new goal is to haunt my best friend who was the reason for my death. And if I lived I thought well I'd kill him anyway." Owen's eyes widened as I leaned towards him pushing him underwater.

He blew an exotic amount of bubbles before I released my hold. Owen gasped shooting out the water rubbing his face with a scowl towards me. "Till our next death closure then."

"Till then fair maiden." I teased swimming back up to shore to see Aaron lying on a towel on his elbows as he grinned at me.

I collapsed on the towel next to him pressing my arm on my eyes.

"Tired already?" He queried.

"A little yeah." I admit stretching my arms in front of me and hearing several pops. Wince as I half sat up looking at the kids running to swimming at the beach.

Aaron tilted his head towards me and kept his voice low as he said, "I would give you a massage but it'd be hard to do it in public and not make it sexual."

"You're such an ass." I buried my face into my arm as I sighed. I wanted to sleep. On a vacation...

"You know..." Aaron whispers coming closer to me and playing with the strap of my bikini. "I could help you feel exhilarated."

I put my arm down rolling my eyes. "That'd just make me more tired." I admitted knowing after our first sex we both were too energetic to keep it gentle.