Chapter 53

I TOOK A LARGE sip of my hot chocolate and licked my lips

Currently I was situated in the school mess hall with everyone eating dinner. My eyes trained to Liam who sat on the second table right I my view.

I twirled a piece of fettuccine and placed it in my mouth chewing. Even chewing became to tense with the nervousness running through my body.

Aaron and Reuben sat at the far end of my table agreeing to let me talk to Liam. But of course the deal was to have them in sight to if anything goes wrong.

"Can you get me water please? I dropped sauce all over my skirt." Natalie pouted gesturing to the sticky mayonnaise mess.

I got up and nodded pushing away from the bench and going to the wall in front the table where an array of condiments, foods, and drinks lay.

I went to the cooler and picked up a glass before twisting the tab and letting water feel in. Somebody brushed past me making me jump. The water spilled on my shirt making me cuss out loud.

"Sorry." Liam winced getting a paper towel and pressing it to my stomach. I took it from him and tried to soak up as much of the water off as I can. "You let Aaron pick up your calls now?"

I glanced up and tossed the used tissue into the bin. "No. I was tired and he had the phone." I had to lie to get his attention. He was an asset right now. "And I'm just really pissed at nobody telling me anything." I rubbed my face to emphasize my frustration.

He tilted his head curiously. "Tell you what?"

I shook my head backing down. "It doesn't matter. It's stupid and none of my business-"

"What is it?" Liam pressed on taking a step forward with determination in his eyes. He took this as a coin to win me back. Of course only he would. "Tell me."

I sighed pursing my lips. "Everybody knows about the Vipers and yet nobody tells me anything about them. I was the only who nearly got killed in that incident and yet everyone treats me like I'm a baby."

Liam snorted at that. "I told you Aaron would ditch you-"

"I didn't say that." I tightly brisk. "I just mean he says there's nothing important he can tell me."

"You can't expect someone who's in debt to a large society to really know anything. But I on the other hand do know. And most of it is confidential."

I threw my arms up and huffed, "Great. Thanks." I walked away until his arm grabbed the fabric at my waist and pulled me back into him. I stumbled away a little as he looked at me.

"I didn't say I wouldn't tell you. I'm just unsure on whether to trust you or not."

"It would be stupid to trust me." I laugh a little as he shrugs.