Chapter 42

Please vote, comment, and share!

NOW I UNDERSTAND  why the Mercer name had sounded so familiar to me the first time I had heard it

NOW I UNDERSTAND why the Mercer name had sounded so familiar to me the first time I had heard it.

It was because of Evan Mercer.

I stood there shocked and shook to the bones as I stared at him. It had been... so long. So long since I had seen him let alone speak.

He stared back at me with the same brown eyes and the same black styled hair. He was soo much more charismatic and softer then his brother. An academic boy with a love for things such as chess and reading.

"I'm so fucking lost right now." Aaron muttered shaking his head.

"Language." Evangeline scolded halfheartedly though as she and her husband watched the scene in front of them.

I could not begin to imagine the thoughts processing in their heads. In Aaron's. Quite frankly I do not think I ever want to know.

"How- You? You're dating my brother." Evan stated looking at Aaron and then at me. A hint of disappointment coated his face but it was soon washed away unsightly. He was never good at hiding his emotions. "I- I... need to go." He swallowed folding his coat in his hand and then pivoting on his heels.

I opened my mouth to say something. But what could I say?

I looked back at them all embarrassed and anxious. What did they think of me?

"Huh." Cole smirked. "Snagged both of the Mercer boys of their feet. Quiet an accomplishment." I felt my cheeks reddened as Evangeline elbowed her husband.

"I'm... tired." I muttered fast-walking out of the place and up the steps. I ran into Aaron's room shutting g the door behind me as I closed my eyes pressing my pal against the vanity.

The door opened quietly a few minutes later and I dreaded looking up at Aaron. What would he think? Oh god.

Ten minutes of silence probably had passed between us before he broke it. "Have you dated any of my cousins too?"

"What?" I choked looking up at him from the mirror.

"I just- how many exes do you have?"

I clenched my jaw tiredly. "Just two."

"And they keep coming in front of us don't they? Ironic really. First Liam then Evan. Who's next?" He scoffed as I whirled at him.

"Are you pining this on me?" I said a tinge of anger boiling at me. Maybe these emotions were coming from the bombshell just dropped but I felt an urge to be mad. To be angry. I felt irritated.

Aaron looked up at me but didn't answer. "This is not my fault. That's my ex. And if you have a bloody problem with it you can suck it up." I closed my eyes trying to contain my anger.