Chapter 19

Please vote!

I LOOK IN the mirror with a nervous smile

I decided to keep it casual after a huge debate with myself consisting on me talking to my own person for a good ten minutes. Perhaps I'm a little too chaotic.

My outfit consisted of a light blue top that went all the way to wrist and was tied with strings on the front. I paired that with high wasted Mom jeans and white Nikes.

The only jewellery I wore was this cute necklace that had a gold pendant and a gold bracelet.

I threw my hair in a ponytail letting a few strands frame my face before placing my hands on my hips and smiling.

I think it is safe to say that I nailed it.

I think.

Frowning I took out my clear gloss and applied a coat of that and mascara before smiling in the mirror.

"This is it. I'm not changing it. Screw me." I muttered to my reflection and walked out my room with my chin held high.

Aaron was sitting on the L couch playing whatever shit that consisted of guns and men in uniforms, shouting and cursing every time he lost. Which is safe to say a lot.

He looked up at me and froze before clenching his jaw.

He could have at least complimented me.

"Well?" I asked. "Does it pass or fail?"

"Fail." He muttered.

I pursed my lips placing a hand on my hip. "Why?"

"Because I don't think you should be wearing that for Liam." He told me angrily pressing the buttons on the controller.

I chuckled dryly at his words. Did he seriously hate it? "Then who should I be wearing it for?"

He looked up from the game with a smirk. "Me."

"Oh." I nodded my eyebrows. A blush crept my cheeks and I hit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from looking affected. "So it passes?"

He rolled his eyes with a sigh. "Is that the only thing you got out from my words?"

"Other then being jealous? Yes. Yes I did." I mused checking my phone. It was exactly 6:55 meaning five minutes till Liam knocked on my door.

"Can't you stay?" He asked pleadingly making me laugh.

I shrugged at him. "I'm a woman of my word, Mercer."

"Certainly are, West."

"West-on, Mercer. Are you forgetting me already?" I faked dramatics falling on the couch in a faint motion.

He flicked my forehead making me his sun pain. "No. I remember your perfect self well, West." He teased. I scrunched my nose at him and sighed.

"What is the point of this game?" I asked eyeing the TV. "You shoot people and they shoot you. Non dead team seeps a fake gift."