Chapter 57

|Aaron's POV|

|Aaron's POV|

MY EYES CLOSED to the sound of her heart monitor beating. She was alive and in that moment that was all that mattered to me.

Her breathing, her heart beating and the direct chance of her eyes opening.

I clasped my hand over her own which held drips and tape around it. Her torso was wrapped in a long, white bandage that scared me.

West hadn't awoken in a week. The doctor said because of the intense loss of blood it might take her longer for her body to regain its stamina and consciousness.

Her eyelashes were brushing against her cheek and I sweeper my eyes to the shallow rise end fall of her chest. She was going to be okay.

Just to confirm myself I place my fingers at the pulse on her wrist. It was better then before. I run my hand across her delicate skin and stare down at it.

There was a ringlet of a bruise on her narrow wrist. I traced around it slowly, anger unfurling in my chest.

How can I be awake and she asleep? It feels worse and worse everyday. Waking up here only to see her still sleeping. It made me feel empty.

I just hoped that wherever she was it was enough to make her feel safe.

I had a thorough discussion with Andrea. Amelia had flagged down the doctor to come Ava where daughter. I was staying here while Amelia, Jake and the twins plus Miles were outside. They checked in about every hour of the day and Amelia would take shifts with me.

I was holding her slot now. A, because I don't want to be away from West. And b, because Amelia looked like hell. She was tired as fuck and her blood pressure had increased. Andrea had gone forward and booked a stay in room at the hospital to monitor Amelia's health and keep her close to her daughter.

Catherine wasn't easy either. She reminded expressionless but as soon as the doors closed and people went away If pups hear her sniffle and just stand there. I could glance through the small window through the door and see her just standing. Unsure of what to do.

Louis was the opposite. She and Miles would be there together hand in hand. Louis would cry and then be forced to sit down for the sake of the baby. She was too pregnant to carry stress at this stage. According to Miles, she was ending her third trimester. Her baby was due any week or day now.

The sparrows all left school too to come here often. They couldn't stay for it was the hospital policy but they tried to cramp in every visit that they could.

Owen recently got discharged and the amount of shock and emotion in him burst through. He heard about Bryce and asked Olivia to push him in his wheelchair to her. He cried watching her and I couldn't help feel depressed too.

Though Bryce had good vitals she was taking too long to wake up. The doctors wouldn't say but I heard them whisper about. She could lapse into long-term coma but the chances of that were slim. She had no neurological damage. A slight concussion was there due to Liam. The motherfucker was soon to be rotting in jail.