Chapter 49

THERE WERE SOO many colors around us

THERE WERE SOO many colors around us. My sneakers slapped onto another puddle in the mall as we walked into the fresh heat of the place.

I swear sometimes I feel like a chicken nugget getting defrosted. The snow outside was never going to be compatible with my body.

Hugging my coat closer I looked around the shops trying to navigate my next future outfit. I did not need clothes but I wanted them, so here I was.

Plus my mother had given me quite a lot of cash for my birthday so I saved half and am using the other right now.

The half was saved for the blackmailer really. My heart still sunk as I thought about them. It could be anyone here. I guess someone may just hate me enough to vow to kill me.

Aaron's shoulder brushed past mine as we went to the escalator. He was holding a cup of hot chocolate that we got from a near by vendor. I surprisingly had passed on the drink. I had enough  sugar to supply a lifetime.

"Do you know what you're getting?" Aaron asked as we stepped of the steel step and onto the marble floor.

"Not really. I'm just going to whiz around and see what piques my interest. You should get something too."

"Nah. I got way too many clothes from your mother for Christmas. Plus of course your sisters who for some reason through clothes at me quite often." I chuckled at that.

"Catherine is trying to get you to model her clothes." I told him walking towards a cute clothing boutique.

I ran my hands through racks of dresses and shirts trying to figure out one that matched me. "I only model for you at night. Quite vividly too." He murmured leaning against the wall.

I scoffed at him and confused searching through the place. There were soo many dresses but none that looked like they would be pretty on me.

"Hello. Can I help you?" I nearly jumped to see one of the shop employees smile at me. I stared at her name tag.

Martha.

She seemed pretty old to be working. Definitely in her fifties.

"Uh I'm still looking around." I smiled gesturing to place with my eyes. I always felt so pressured with people who worked at shops because they all bulldozed you with buying stuff from them.

"Have you checked our winter collection? We've got a new line this week with clothing I think that would look really good on you. You want to see, yeah?" Her stare was so piercing and O had no intention of going.

I licked my lips and put on an innocent face. "I actually wanted to look around and-"

"Yes. You can see here too. Come on." She turned around and walked deeper into the store.

I gave Aaron a helpless look to which he responded with a tucked smile.

I followed Martha into the store with Aaron closely behind me as we walked past people bustling together at the sales isles.